W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

98 Supra TT BPU+++Meth. injection vs 04 E55 Stock.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2004 | 01:15 AM

2005 E55
98 Supra TT BPU+++Meth. injection vs 04 E55 Stock.

Brother came over tonight to give me a ride to my E55 that was at our lending company warehouse. When he got here he was all smiles, almost drunkish smiley. All he could talk was how fast his car was running; he said drag radials hooked up good in a 20lb stab that put him in seat very good all the way to 7500 rpm redline.
When we left my house he asked if I wanted to drive I said NO.
Ha!! B.S. I said hell yea “Isle” drive this *****. Warehouse is only 3-4 miles away and I did not get a chance to hit it that hard but enjoyed the 6 speed. After getting my car out of the back, I asked if he wanted to do a little run, at first he was hesitant on the safe side but we said OK to one on way out.
I took lead to lot exit. On the way out I was able to get in one 2 second burn out and as turning out of entrance I did a small burn to get BFG drag radials warm (was good enough to get great traction w/traction control off).
As we pulled out to the right on to the straight street I tried to come to a stop but I could not get him to come to a stop but almost. I believe his clutch was out. We both hit it at same time I pulled him in 1st but he was right there at back door I felt him coming on and starting to pull thru 2nd he is still at my door as the pull stops supra shifts to 3rd . 3rd gear is hit hard and starts to come on hard again this time getting up to my front door and eagerly seeking E55 front fender pull stops as supra shifts to 4th then supra pulls to nose and nose. We are then at 115? Brother said he could not get into 5th ran out of road. We did 3-4 more runs with very similar results.

Supra is running 91 with methanol injection BPU++++ All if there are more. He is ready for single.

With 91 and no meth E55 pulls on Supra in all gears. With 104 & 91 mix we have same results as posted above. We have gone from 0-15- E55 cut off. He was ½-3/4 car ahead. But he has car tuned in a little leaner none.

I am posting this story here to ask if Renntech Pulley and ECU mods will be enough to correct my problem. Or should I also go get a supra so I can keep up. I f you can’t beat them join them??? I maybe able to hold Supra off in a ¼ mile but not one foot longer.
Old 05-27-2004 | 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Certainly wouldn't hurt to have some goodies from RennTech.

But the E55 isn't all about speed, there will be quicker cars out there than your bro's supra so the never ending quest for more power will never satisfy
Old 05-27-2004 | 01:26 PM

2005 E55
True But a single Supra?

I hear you. How fast? How much?

But I do not see to many cars on street that lay down 700+ hp on 91 and 800+ at the wheel on mix 104-91 octane or meth injection with 91. Aside from Marcus and a few hand fulls of tuners around nation not many out there can run with that kind of power? and if they can not to work every day and not to show multi million dollars home in. (Bro and I are Realtors)

E55 is the best car I have ever driven.

Here goes a " My dad Story".

He has a Gt-40 Coming in late June early July. Got the Blue with the Wheel and stero upgrades. Paid $225,000 from a dealer in GA. He thinks he can sell and make money? I think I am going to buy from him but I have not mentioned to him.

We will shoot video of the GT-40, E55, Supra running on Street, Track, Freeway including lots of smoke!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2004 | 01:31 PM

2005 E55
I will roll dice with 800+ at wheels

I would be very happy with 800+ at the wheels. If any thing pulled next to me and beat me I would have to talk to that person and take a good look at her. Hats off. Nice car.
Old 05-27-2004 | 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
draggin,

You and your brother are always having fun with your cars! Lucky guys

I think suffice to say the fact that your E55 is even keeping up with a BPU+++ Supra 6-Speed is quite a feat! I've driven many BPU Supras and they are very, very quick cars with excellent gearing for top end pulls. I would love to see how you car stacked up to Maury's after the renntech ECU upgrade.

I'm still looking for my W211 E55, sadly. I'll find one sure enough, soon...

Have fun and stay safe.

-m