Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 04:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55
Highline Wheels - Don't Buy?? Not Amg Wheels

HIGHLINE WHEELS DOES NOT SELL AMG WHEELS

Hello fellow e-class owners:
HIGHLINE WHEELS of MIAMI is advertising on E-Bay many different sets of AMG 19" wheels that ARE NOT AMG. Get the word out- The deal seemed to good to be true and it was. Spread the word. I tried to cancel the order mid-afternoon of the same day- and HIGHLINE says TOO LATE!! They already ran the CC and now I have to go through he.. to fight them. Oh by the way-They want to charge a 20% re-stocking fee!!($275)
Watch out for HIGHLINE WHEELS -- DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM!!
Old 05-28-2004, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 E55
Yeah I've seen their auctions on ebay. Seemed a little fishy to me since the price was so low and they listed a bunch of auctions that were all the same.

Also, if you read their description carefully, you'll know they are not real AMG wheels they are selling:

"These wheels are beautiful aftermarket wheel at a fraction of the original one."

"Some of our searches may return results for replica rims included with the results of original manufacturers' rims. The item description and specs clearly define the manufacturer."

I don't agree with their last sentence though because I couldn't find the name of the manufacturer anywhere in their description.

They are just bad and sneaky.

I hope you get most of your money back.
Old 05-29-2004, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55211 traded in for CLS55
I have thought about these wheels. Thanks for the warning!
Old 05-30-2004, 10:06 PM

03 E55
What I would do is to call your credit card company and tell them you have been scamed and instruct them not to pay Highline Wheels. You may want to go to the police station to report this before you receive your wheels if they have sent them. Then take the wheels to MB dealer to have the parts manager to certify the wheels are Not AMG WHEELS, and send the report verified by the MB dealer parts manger to the credit card company. Your credit card company will do the rest. Believe me I got scamed on e-bay and I ended up not paying a penny. You can make a stronger case by printing out all the info. on e-bay and present it to the credit card company and the police......(Let them judge if you are scamed). In an usual case, the credit card company will ask you to return the wheels and credit you back.
Old 05-30-2004, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'01 C320 || '14 Honda Pilot EX-L
Originally posted by e55lover
What I would do is to call your credit card company and tell them you have been scamed and instruct them not to pay Highline Wheels. You may want to go to the police station to report this before you receive your wheels if they have sent them. Then take the wheels to MB dealer to have the parts manager to certify the wheels are Not AMG WHEELS, and send the report verified by the MB dealer parts manger to the credit card company. Your credit card company will do the rest. Believe me I got scamed on e-bay and I ended up not paying a penny. You can make a stronger case by printing out all the info. on e-bay and present it to the credit card company and the police......(Let them judge if you are scamed). In an usual case, the credit card company will ask you to return the wheels and credit you back.
I totally agree with e55lover, call the bank. The bank will back their customer first. I have had a few bad deals and my bank will credit my account the same day and do all of the work on the dispute. I have been successful every time I have had this happen. Good luck, I truly hope everything works out for you in a positive way.