W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update: E55 back from dealer, full inspection. What did they find?

Old 07-21-2018, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Update: E55 back from dealer, full inspection. What did they find?

Been busy with the wife and daughter lately. Didn't get a chance to update my last thread. Turns out it was just a plug wire, kinda crunchy and not getting good contact that caused the no start. The dealer said it was common and it was a super easy fix. They have a connector in stock. No codes 0 issues. The beast roars like a lion and runs super smooth.

I had MB do a full inspection and had them keep the car overnight. They came back very surprised and said the car was in fabulous running condition and very well maintained. Car has been solid for 13 years. All dealer warrantied items early on and always impeccably maintained. They said there was 0 issues no stored codes in star. Everything checks out perfect condition and good for another 10+ years problem free with same maintenance level. They mentioned I should go for the coveted Mercedes Benz high mileage awards and grill badge. That sounded awesome and I will definitely do it if I end up keeping the car.

I may sell the car this year, Been wanting something smaller to throw around since we are getting something else for the family. So, well see. If I do someone will be getting a very good running car

Now the car is at a buddies shop getting al the new carbon fiber put on. Front splitter, side skirt splitters, spoiler and diffuser. Will also have the headlights polished and cleared and put on my Led drl. Will post up pics when I pick it up. Im stoked. This E55 is hands down the most reliable luxury car Ive owned and driven, thats fast and comfortable thanks the E63 seats. So much more plush then the E55 seats felt like rocks. It's been rock solid and never let me down. Been on 1000+ mile road trips, elevation changes, hot cool. No snow of course. But, it's been very good to me, feels secure and tight. Other then the airmatic springs one time at my house. But, they were 13 years old for christ's sake lol. They Were the original airmatic front and rear since 2005! So I think that's pretty good.

Some people may agree or not. But, I believe you need to drive these cars often to be error free and of course do all scheduled maintenance on time. A lot of super low miles cars that are old have nightmare issues just waiting to come out as Ive seen many. Simply don't have the miles on them to need the warranty repairs etc. Ive rarely seen those come out good. Old cars with very low miles have not been good In my experience. It's not like a newer car with low miles. It's and old car. Things age when just sitting. Its not good for the engine or any electrical or moving parts. But, if you drive them and keep everything internally lubricated from use, they just keep going. Keep all the fluids clean. If dealer says or indy says lifetime. Do it anyways. I changed all my fluids every 5 years and I mean all of it. Even power steering fluid. It all gets dirty. When I park my car and we go on vacation or something. I leave the battery tender on because these cars are sensitive to voltage drops. You may get weird check lights if you don't. But, all in all. I think taking care of it and using all the features often like airmatic, going up down, sport comfort I believe it keeps everything working correctly and no valves getting stuck dirt clogging something and using full range of motion on everything. Flooring it to prevent too much carbon buildup that sort of thing. They are very reliable if treated well Like 1 or maybe maximum 2 owner cars that have full documentation of maintenance are great buys. Not so much for many 13-14k junkers with a checkered past and several owners in a short period of time. Stay away from those cars. They will need 5-10 grand in repairs before even thinking about mods.

Hope this helps, Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Max.H; 07-22-2018 at 10:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BC928 (07-23-2018)
Old 07-23-2018, 07:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 68 Posts
05 E55, 98 CLK320
I have noticed that if I drive my car slowly like I do with my toyota- it will start running like ****.

If I pound it every chance I get it is smooth as butter.
Old 07-24-2018, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5
Originally Posted by MACEDON
I have noticed that if I drive my car slowly like I do with my toyota- it will start running like ****.

If I pound it every chance I get it is smooth as butter.
A redline a day keeps the mechanic away
Old 07-25-2018, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 514 Likes on 431 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
Originally Posted by 503C43 ////AMG
A redline a day keeps the mechanic away
Hell my car hasn't seen redline in quite sometime, I need to take her out an flog the crap out of her.....not.
A new car yes, but an 11 yr old...No That could lead to an expensive repair bill.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:15 PM

Received 79 Likes on 74 Posts
CLS55
I put 15k miles of hell into mine. It had 60k when i got her. Fuel pump, alternator failed a dreplaced she still STRONK!
Old 07-25-2018, 10:52 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Yuille36
Hell my car hasn't seen redline in quite sometime, I need to take her out an flog the crap out of her.....not.
A new car yes, but an 11 yr old...No That could lead to an expensive repair bill.
So could driving it like a grandma. My car is as close to pristine a fully bolted E55 gets, and gets driven hard every so often. It loves a good beating!
Old 07-26-2018, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 514 Likes on 431 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
Originally Posted by Davednconfused
So could driving it like a grandma. My car is as close to pristine a fully bolted E55 gets, and gets driven hard every so often. It loves a good beating!
What I'm trying to say, is that I drive my E63. And there are times were I run it hard.
I just don't flog the living **** out of it, or bounce the tach of the rev limiter on the daily.