Sponsored by:

Supercharger Oil Change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 07:05 PM

Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Supercharger Oil Change

Ok so i call a couple of mercedes dealers near me. Told them, Hi I’d like to bring in my 06 E55 for a supercharger oil change. Guess what happens next, 🦗,🦗 🦗. He’s like ya sure so a regular oil change, Ahh no, supercharger oil change. He says the service guy, I stop a technician walking buy me and he says when we change your motor oil it will as well serve that same oil to your supercharger, WTH, LOL. I’m like can you please ask someone else.

He says I will call you back after talking to the only mechanic that works on AMG’s and he as well owns a E55. Calls me back and says he has never changed a supercharger oil for any customer or he’s own E55 and it’s not recommended. If doing so, correct way is to remove the supercharger. By the way this dealers respond was wayyyyyy better the the first one i called i dont even want to get into the first dealer i called, lol. Now other then a dealer I have heard from a reputable person who does work on AMG cars NOT to change the oil because from experience he knows that only a few month later the supercharger is toast. Why?!?! I dont get it.

Even my own mechanic that I’ve asked says the same thing. Since when is any oil primarily used on a car in this case a supercharger oil LIFETIME. I think and I immediately discredit anyone that says tranny oil is lifetime same thought process i have for supercharger oil, why would it cause failures and not recommended for a oil change and really not one mechanic at a mercedes dealer ever heard of this or done it.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:35 PM

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts
04 E55 AMG
Hmm odd. I changed my super charger oil with Mobile Jet II IIRC. The old oil smelled like a burnt barn. This was done a few years ago and no problems with the super charger since still makes plenty of boost. It is really easy to do and took less than 2 hours. There are some nice DIY posts on this forum if you are a bit adventurous.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:13 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
I should do this soon, 75K miles now. I don't believe any lubricant is "lifetime".
The following users liked this post:
Muhtish (12-22-2020)
Old 09-22-2018, 01:24 AM

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts
N/A
Here you go.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...refilling.html