W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have you guys used the CLK Black engine and trans mounts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 04:12 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
i see...if you have headers that come into contact with your floor board and not the center tunnel brace lower engine mounts will help.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 07-09-2019, 08:05 PM

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts
2003 Mercedes E55 AMG
Originally Posted by tlambert
(ARH). American Racing Headers.

look up the threads for LTs. I’m not saying all do....but you’ll see most rub/hit.
Which billet mounts are u using ??
Old 07-10-2019, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 252 Likes on 215 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Haven’t swapped them yet. Just installed the OE mounts a few months ago.

There are 2 different vendors on here with their own designs.

Last edited by tlambert; 07-10-2019 at 01:15 AM.
Old 07-10-2019, 01:10 AM

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts
2003 Mercedes E55 AMG
Originally Posted by tlambert
Haven’t swapped them yet. Just installed the OE mounts a few months ago.

There ate 2 different vendors on here with their own designs.
Oh ok thought u put some on and i have looked dont know which is the best design.
Old 07-10-2019, 01:48 AM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 231 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
I believe it is creative steel and east cost designs who make them. The design is pretty different and so is the price between them. They both look infinitely easier to install than stock. If there was an oem hardness compound then it would be a winner for everyone.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:18 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 67 Likes on 41 Posts
C63 and CLK55
We offer billet/poly engine mounts in two different stiffnesses street/race. The street being the closest to the OEM feel. We sell worldwide and most of the fastest E55/C63's are running our mounts. The two M113k powered E55's in the 9s are running our street mounts. The engine mounts are $465 shipped in the USA and fully serviceable. Meaning that when the poly wears you just replace the inserts instead of buying a whole new mount. Each engine mount has 13 inserts, comes anodized black, and made in the USA. Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited by East Coast Euro; 07-10-2019 at 07:20 AM.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by East Coast Euro
We offer billet/poly engine mounts in two different stiffnesses street/race. The street being the closest to the OEM feel. We sell worldwide and most of the fastest E55/C63's are running our mounts. The two M113k powered E55's in the 9s are running our street mounts. The engine mounts are $465 shipped in the USA and fully serviceable. Meaning that when the poly wears you just replace the inserts instead of buying a whole new mount. Each engine mount has 13 inserts, comes anodized black, and made in the USA. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you very much much for sharing your product with us .
speaking straight forward it’s expensive for me (4 times stock price and comes with 2 years warranty)when you have clearance i would be very happy to try them, (Specially that i hate vibration feeling and there is a risk it might happen )
Old 07-10-2019, 06:02 PM

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts
CLS55 AMG
I have the East Coast Euro motor mounts installed in my CLS. Had them done the same time as the headers per Dave at Eurocharged ATX's recommendation. It was more of a preemptive upgrade as I had seen many many threads regarding clearance issues with any of the longtube headers out there and didn't want to worry about it. I have ZERO clearance issues and don't hear any vibration or clunks under throttle with those mounts. There is an ever so slight vibration at idle that I noticed compared to the OEM motor mounts (my OEM mounts were in good shape when I upgraded) but someone jumping in the car for the first time wouldn't notice it at all. Yes they were more expensive than the OEM or Black Series mounts but more often than not I've found that spending money on quality parts is much much less expensive than trying to skimp with cheap parts that have to be replaced over and over.

@V8Displacement you really should consider that good parts are not inexpensive for these cars. Sure you can try and do things cheaply but you're likely going to spend more money and more time in the long run. Drive the car as is for a while and figure out what your goals are and what the car is lacking. The recipe for reliable power on the M113k has been figured out for quite some time. Start with making sure your car is in good mechanical condition before you start trying to bump up the power. Figure out what you feel like you can comfortably spend on upgrades. More importantly is it financially worth it to you to spend more than what the car is worth on making it fast?

Last edited by lost27; 07-10-2019 at 06:05 PM.
Old 07-10-2019, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 252 Likes on 215 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
That last paragraph needs to be copied and pasted for each new member to read.

That was clear and great advise.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by lost27
I have the East Coast Euro motor mounts installed in my CLS. Had them done the same time as the headers per Dave at Eurocharged ATX's recommendation. It was more of a preemptive upgrade as I had seen many many threads regarding clearance issues with any of the longtube headers out there and didn't want to worry about it. I have ZERO clearance issues and don't hear any vibration or clunks under throttle with those mounts. There is an ever so slight vibration at idle that I noticed compared to the OEM motor mounts (my OEM mounts were in good shape when I upgraded) but someone jumping in the car for the first time wouldn't notice it at all. Yes they were more expensive than the OEM or Black Series mounts but more often than not I've found that spending money on quality parts is much much less expensive than trying to skimp with cheap parts that have to be replaced over and over.

@V8Displacement you really should consider that good parts are not inexpensive for these cars. Sure you can try and do things cheaply but you're likely going to spend more money and more time in the long run. Drive the car as is for a while and figure out what your goals are and what the car is lacking. The recipe for reliable power on the M113k has been figured out for quite some time. Start with making sure your car is in good mechanical condition before you start trying to bump up the power. Figure out what you feel like you can comfortably spend on upgrades. More importantly is it financially worth it to you to spend more than what the car is worth on making it fast?
thank you very much for replying to me
i agree with you 100% on most of what you say except
mercedes stock parts isn’t cheap at all ( Compare to other car brands)
black series parts are considerably expensive
AMG and mercedes TAX is there and everyone speaking about,
expensive after market part doesn’t make it automatically good ,
i understand it’s not the case here with this mounts but sure they are not priced even average when the trans mounts is more expensive than even Maybach part
Old 07-11-2019, 12:09 AM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
These are relatively low volume production cars. The market is small. It is just economics. I can't imagine this is any different to BMW M cars, Porsche or high end Audi. I can tell you from buying genuine or aftermarket parts for my very old Toyota, a lot are similarly priced to Mercedes. If cost is an issue I imagine domestic brands provide a much better value proposition. If it is too expensive buy stock mounts.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:24 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2008 BMW M5, 2004 E55 AMG (RIP)
Originally Posted by tw2
These are relatively low volume production cars. The market is small. It is just economics. I can't imagine this is any different to BMW M cars, Porsche or high end Audi. I can tell you from buying genuine or aftermarket parts for my very old Toyota, a lot are similarly priced to Mercedes. If cost is an issue I imagine domestic brands provide a much better value proposition. If it is too expensive buy stock mounts.
I agree. I’m 20 and in college so very much on a budget. I just did my engine and trans mounts with Lemforder parts from FCP Euro for $130, no labor since I did it myself. Stock mounts are very affordable. Full trans service was just around $100. So let’s call it under $250, I did 2 big ticket items that would cost a fortune at the dealer/a shop. DIY everything, it’s a very affordable car imo
Old 07-11-2019, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by N_Rob
I agree. I’m 20 and in college so very much on a budget. I just did my engine and trans mounts with Lemforder parts from FCP Euro for $130, no labor since I did it myself. Stock mounts are very affordable. Full trans service was just around $100. So let’s call it under $250, I did 2 big ticket items that would cost a fortune at the dealer/a shop. DIY everything, it’s a very affordable car imo
I wasn’t even speak about aftermarket oem
Old 07-11-2019, 12:28 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2008 BMW M5, 2004 E55 AMG (RIP)
Originally Posted by V8Displacement
I wasn’t even speak about aftermarket oem
The trans service was with all Genuine Mercedes Parts, Lemforder is Corteco, which is OEM.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by tw2
Maybach is very low production extremely expensive and mercedes position it like this and still mounts price from stealership cheaper than advertised mounts
i do believe bmw m tgey have M tax as well with after market,

also the Way you speak about genuine AMG black series that i’m cheapening on my car is something I don’t understand

are you affiliated with the vendor that posted his add in the black series thread
Old 07-11-2019, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by N_Rob
The trans service was with all Genuine Mercedes Parts, Lemforder is Corteco, which is OEM.
I know they are OEM bWhat i was trying to say that I didn’t use this parts prices i was comparing to Dealership
Old 07-11-2019, 01:19 AM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
Originally Posted by V8Displacement
Maybach is very low production extremely expensive and mercedes position it like this and still mounts price from stealership cheaper than advertised mounts
i do believe bmw m tgey have M tax as well with after market,

also the Way you speak about genuine AMG black series that i’m cheapening on my car is something I don’t understand

are you affiliated with the vendor that posted his add in the black series thread
Sorry I am really not sure what you are asking. I live halfway around the world, I am not affiliated with anyone. I would happily use oem, black series or the aftermarket aluminum/poly mounts. It entirely depends on what characteristics you are looking for and the purpose of your car.

Not all pricing from car manufacturers makes sense. It is not uncommon to have some parts priced very reasonably on high end cars and vice-versa.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:16 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 and CLK55
Our mounts are designed to be a performance upgrade. They are not rubber nor filled with fluid. They are CNC'd pieces from billet aluminum (anodized black finish) with custom polyurethane inserts made using our mould. We have customers that were ripping brand new Mercedes mounts in half in one track day. The factory mounts were designed for factory power levels and for comfort. They serve their purpose well. Many of the fastest AMG's in the world are running our mounts. Not only are these mounts stronger than the Mercedes units, they are serviceable so you just replace the inserts when needed instead of buying another mount. They also provide performance improvement in throttle response. Not to mention the height difference for headers clearance.

Last edited by East Coast Euro; 07-11-2019 at 09:19 AM.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by East Coast Euro
Our mounts are designed to be a performance upgrade. They are not rubber nor filled with fluid. They are CNC'd pieces from billet aluminum (anodized black finish) with custom polyurethane inserts made using our mould. We have customers that were ripping brand new Mercedes mounts in half in one track day. The factory mounts were designed for factory power levels and for comfort. They serve their purpose well. Many of the fastest AMG's in the world are running our mounts. Not only are these mounts stronger than the Mercedes units, they are serviceable so you just replace the inserts when needed instead of buying another mount. They also provide performance improvement in throttle response. Not to mention the height difference for headers clearance.
To clarify my situation I don’t deny or say they are bad or not better for track or modified cars i’m just saying they are expensive
Old 07-11-2019, 09:26 AM

May be one day when you have sale i will try them
Old 07-11-2019, 07:11 PM

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts
CLS55 AMG
@East Coast Euro About how long do you estimate that the poly bushings should last on a daily driver?
Old 07-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 and CLK55
Originally Posted by lost27
@East Coast Euro About how long do you estimate that the poly bushings should last on a daily driver?
So far my daily driver is at 20k miles and still going strong. It depends on power level, how hard the car is driven, etc.