E55 FBO Rich Condition 9.4 AFR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,488 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
Originally Posted by alenpepic
thanks for the help, but the video showed a rich condition, and it def wasn't a air filter problem. I got a huge problem with this platform and thats the ecu.
I didn't post my experience to tell you that's your problem. The point I tried to make was that the ECU adapts over time for any rich or lean base condition. In my case, I was rich- clogged air filters.So the ECU adapted lean. In your case, you may have a lean condition and it is adapting rich. That's all I was trying to say. I'm curious to see if your problem comes back after some time. As far as anyone with any credentials to explain our engine ECU's..unless you can find a BOSCH engineer from Germany to get on here and post...well, good luck!

The following users liked this post:
ben young (08-08-2021)
Old 10-24-2018, 10:51 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
2005 CL55 (sold) C63 Coupe 2012 p31(sold) Audi 330awhp E55 511WHP(sold)Z06C6 550whp C63 LTH
Originally Posted by E55Greasemonkey
I didn't post my experience to tell you that's your problem. The point I tried to make was that the ECU adapts over time for any rich or lean base condition. In my case, I was rich- clogged air filters.So the ECU adapted lean. In your case, you may have a lean condition and it is adapting rich. That's all I was trying to say. I'm curious to see if your problem comes back after some time. As far as anyone with any credentials to explain our engine ECU's..unless you can find a BOSCH engineer from Germany to get on here and post...well, good luck!
lol yeah that’s where I’m get at with this, def need someone who designed the ecu Bc nobody understands it on this platform including myself. Yes that’s a possiability, air leak/boost leak, will make the ecu run lean which in turn will create a rich conditon to compensate. Well car is fine and runs 100% now but just like I monitor everything else in my car, I’m counting the days on which it will go back to full rich. Hopefully it doesn’t but this has happened to other people before but I’m the first to document it
The following users liked this post:
ben young (08-08-2021)
Old 12-06-2018, 03:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 e55 amg
I am seriously worried fbo e55 running really rich

Hello, recently my car started running pig rich I have a race iq tune and ever since I reset my mixture adaptations on Star my car has just been stuck in the low 8’s (afr) any idea of what is going on?
Old 12-06-2018, 06:46 AM

Received 138 Likes on 110 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by Alex Dabb
Hello, recently my car started running pig rich I have a race iq tune and ever since I reset my mixture adaptations on Star my car has just been stuck in the low 8’s (afr) any idea of what is going on?
Open loop only or both closed and open? Dont drive that ****er if it's you are seeing that rich not at WOT. I'd reach out to RaceIQ, tell them what you did and see if they have any ideas. Maybe try resetting by unplugging battery for 10 mins then reconnecting also.
Old 08-08-2021, 07:32 AM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by alenpepic
thanks for the help, but the video showed a rich condition, and it def wasn't a air filter problem. I got a huge problem with this platform and thats the ecu. Nobody has the credentials to point out why the ecu does what it does. Im telling you this because nobody gave me the advice to remove the battery and replug, that was me guessing. It goes to show how bad this platform is once something goes wrong, ecu and tuning wise. I had people tell me, Spark plugs, Fuel injectors, engine has damage, boost leak, and it ended up being a ecu thing. Imagine how frustrating that is, you spend all that money to fix a problem meanwhile all it was was to remove a battery and replug. My Theory is by removing the battery it resets the fuel trims, ALSO BIG BIG MISCONCEPTION RDY!!!!???? adding a NEW TUNE or REFLASHING will not do this for you because when i had my rich problem it didnt work switching tunes around, i took the time to switch tunes to rule this theory out. Now when someone says I'm wrong well they barely have any evidence to prove I'm wrong, its all talk on this platform.Thinking back, Nobody could believe that harness fixed my old lean issue with the recall pump. Talking to all the people who gave me wrong advice, they couldn't believe that this battery trick worked. Im not blaming the tune, nor the software, I'm blaming the car, Tony is a great tuner. If someone has evidence its the tune, well posting a story here is not enough, post a vid on youtube and show the steps to fixing the software error and provide evidence to why its tune related.

Thank you for saying that. Tony has been awesome and is a great tuner. I love my tunes!
Old 08-08-2021, 02:16 PM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by ben young
Thank you for saying that. Tony has been awesome and is a great tuner. I love my tunes!
…in addition for anyone like me searching rich AFR.

I loaded a race tune from Tony and had 10.0 AFR during 3rd gear pull. Then I read this and disconnected the + battery and discharged it. Waited 30 min and reconnected. Immediately did a 3rd gear and AFR was 12.5-8. Works now!