W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Best Coilover Conversion For 20’s Strutmasters or?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2018 | 06:20 PM

2003 W211 E500
Best Coilover Conversion For 20’s Strutmasters or?

I want to convert my air suspension to coil overs. I really do not have to much money to spend but want it to look half way decent with 20’s. I drive the car 5 miles a day and do not road race it. I’ve been looking at Strutmasters but am open to others as long as it’s inexpensive. If anybody has anything for sale for my E55 send me a PM. Thanks
Old 10-27-2018 | 11:08 PM

none yet
Originally Posted by sidewayzgt
I want to convert my air suspension to coil overs. I really do not have to much money to spend but want it to look half way decent with 20’s. I drive the car 5 miles a day and do not road race it. I’ve been looking at Strutmasters but am open to others as long as it’s inexpensive. If anybody has anything for sale for my E55 send me a PM. Thanks
bc racing coilovers are on sale right now i think and they have great reviews by people who have done the conversion on their e55...you will need e320 non airmatic rear control arms to make the conversion work which you can find used for maybe $100 each?? I’ve read that the strutmasters have a few problems. they can be noisy and make squeaking sounds. they are not height adjustable either (someone correct me if im wrong) so i think you’d be better off spending a couple hundred more and going with the bc racing kit as I haven’t heard too many negatives about them

Last edited by failboat; 10-27-2018 at 11:14 PM.
Old 10-29-2018 | 09:31 AM

2012 E63 AMG
Strutmasters is not height adjustable, though I never had any problems with squeaks or anything, plus you don't need to buy the other E320 control arms if you buy their E55 kit.
Old 09-09-2019 | 11:41 AM

E55 W211
Originally Posted by Blade Canyon
Strutmasters is not height adjustable, though I never had any problems with squeaks or anything, plus you don't need to buy the other E320 control arms if you buy their E55 kit.
I want to get coilover conversion and I'm interested in the strutmaster kit. Any additional parts required for the install, specifically rear lower control arm? How has ur experience been thus far, ride, comfort, performance etc?
Thanks
Old 09-10-2019 | 11:14 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Originally Posted by sidewayzgt

Also a good time to put adjustable rear toe and camber kit, while doing the coil overs, so you can get your alignment right and not wear out your tires every 3K. Here is an an example from a E63 , that shows the adjustability.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd