W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any AMG drivers try out a Tesla Performance Vehicle?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 04:10 AM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 233 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
What's wrong with 3 phase motors in this situation? Serious question, I have little knowledge of these sorts of electrical endeavours.
Old 11-06-2018, 05:11 AM

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
Mercedes CLS 55 AMG
Originally Posted by tw2
What's wrong with 3 phase motors in this situation? Serious question, I have little knowledge of these sorts of electrical endeavours.
EMF disrupts normal cellular biology. In the most simplistic of terms, each cell in the human body contains an electrical charge, and exposure to certain types of electromagnetic fields causes cells to react in different negative ways. Releasing stress hormones, disrupting the proper potassium balance in cells - EMFs can actually directly interact with electrons in DNA.

Your body is designed to acclimate to magnetic fields (the earth). Different types of electricity form different types of electromagnetic fields. DC current for example is stable, operates at 0 hertz, and doesn't alternate in a sine form like AC current. Two phase, and three phase AC have sinusoidal wave forms that are constantly changing.

This is obviously a very simplistic explanation --- I'm trying not to get too complicated. The point is the more the EMF fluctuates, the worse it is for the human body to adapt. Europe has long known that workers exposed to high electromagnetic fields have increased cancer rates.

So running 3 phase AC motors (the WORST form of fluctuating energy) at all four corners of a car (4 motors) is a death sentence in my opinion. And something Tesla goes to great lengths to avoid discussing. If they use DC current to power their motors, they get a range of 30-40 miles on a battery. If they use the 3 phase AC motors which are far more efficient they get 300-400 miles in range. Better for their marketing and far more unhealthy for you.

Last edited by equitiesguy; 11-06-2018 at 05:16 AM.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:19 AM

Received 75 Likes on 57 Posts
2016 E63 AMG-S, 2007 FERRARI 430, 2001 JEEP WRANGLER 60TH ANNI. EDITION SOLD 2011 E550 4matic
equitiesguy, I agree
Old 11-06-2018, 08:27 AM

Received 138 Likes on 110 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by equitiesguy
The interior is mediocre. Musk built a car for millennial twits.
Really, you think he initially designed a 100k+ car and specifically targeted the lowest average income generation? Interesting take haha.

Your body is designed to acclimate to magnetic fields (the earth).
Really?! Did you get a chance to talk to the designer or are you talking to your *** again?

So running 3 phase AC motors (the WORST form of fluctuating energy) at all four corners of a car (4 motors) is a death sentence in my opinion.
Feel free to do some real reading on what energy frequencies are actually potentially harmful when ever you decide you want to stop talking out your ***: https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/...lds-fact-sheet

\ If they use DC current to power their motors, they get a range of 30-40 miles on a battery. If they use the 3 phase AC motors which are far more efficient they get 300-400 miles in range. Better for their marketing and far more unhealthy for you.
Really? Because the model 3s use DC motors and I'm pretty sure they get much more than 30-40 miles.

Put your tin foil hat on and go back to your basement clown.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:38 AM

Mercedes CLS 55 AMG
So you're obviously a completely ****ing moron. Calling me a clown when you're an uneducated and uninformed nitwit just speaks volumes to your lack of intelligence. In case you can't read (because you're obviously too stupid) --- this is straight off Tesla's website: "Three phase, four pole AC induction motor"

I'll post the below attachment, and simply leave it at that.

Old 11-06-2018, 08:53 AM

Mercedes CLS 55 AMG

And here's the attachment showing the 3 phase AC motors on the Tesla Model 3's as well. Right off the sticker on the car - "Three phase, six pole, internal permanent magnet motor"
Old 11-06-2018, 08:54 AM

2005 E55
So you're obviously a completely ****ing moron. Calling me a clown when you're an uneducated and uninformed nitwit just speaks volumes to your lack of intelligence. In case you can't read (because you're obviously too stupid) --- this is straight off Tesla's website: "Three phase, four pole AC induction motor"

I'll post the below attachment, and simply leave it at that.

That's not a cut sheet for the model I referenced. Feel free to provide a cut sheet for the model I referenced if you think you can prove me wrong.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:21 AM

2005 E55

And here's the attachment showing the 3 phase AC motors on the Tesla Model 3's as well. Right off the sticker on the car - "Three phase, six pole, internal permanent magnet motor"
OH yes, okay you got me here. I seem to have been talking out my *** as well. I read a while back about the different motor, thought it was to DC appears they just switched from induction to synchronous ac motors. Anyways, you're still a jack *** spreading nonsense fake news.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:29 AM

Mercedes CLS 55 AMG
Originally Posted by drothgeb
OH yes, okay you got me here. I seem to have been talking out my *** as well. I read a while back about the different motor, thought it was to DC appears they just switched from induction to synchronous ac motors. Anyways, you're still a jack *** spreading nonsense fake news.
No, you're just a completely uninformed moron who has no background or knowledge on the subjects at hand. You're one of these internet morons that deserves to die.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:07 AM

2005 E55
No, you're just a completely uninformed moron who has no background or knowledge on the subjects at hand. You're one of these internet morons that deserves to die.
Hahaha. You read the .gov article on cancer and frequencies of energy I linked or you're just too smart for that I guess?

Do you think the negatives assosciated with your made up cancer claims are more impactful than the negatives assosciated with fuel, fuel fumes, and combustion biproducts to people? Not that I care, just helping to point out how stupid you are. I bet you can find wayyyyy more legitimate revealing health related studies on those than.... Ac frequency that we all live around every day in our houses haha.

Last edited by drothgeb; 11-06-2018 at 10:20 AM.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:41 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 233 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
Very interesting. We were discussing human adaptation to earths electromagnetic climate at work yesterday. I never thought AC could have a significant effect on this. I guess time will tell.

I think you would be better off finding non-governmental scientific information to support your counter arguments. They are great at skewing data to suit the conclusions they want to find (foil hat off now).
Old 11-08-2018, 08:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
CLS 55 AMG E500 99 ML320
My grandfather was an electrical engineer working for the navy. He built the first US satellite with his own hands, among many other things. When I was a little kid in the 70's he vetoed a couple houses my grandmother was looking at because they were too close to the big 3 phase transmission lines. Said the electromagnetic field from them was dangerous, wouldn't elaborate and wouldn't compromise. He knew Einstein from collage and when I was in collage he was doing math that my math teacher didn't even recognize. That's been good enough for me to hold a healthy respect for those lines.
Old 11-09-2018, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by drothgeb
National Emerald Club or Avis Preferred. Walk straight to rental car isle, get in any car in the isle, drive off. Only have to give your ID to the person at the exit gate. 75% travel for my job haha, so I can understand the annoyance of rental car counters.
Good advice!

Last edited by patrick_y; 11-09-2018 at 06:37 PM.
Old 11-12-2018, 03:30 AM

Mercedes CLS 55 AMG
Originally Posted by StarvingArtist
My grandfather was an electrical engineer working for the navy. He built the first US satellite with his own hands, among many other things. When I was a little kid in the 70's he vetoed a couple houses my grandmother was looking at because they were too close to the big 3 phase transmission lines. Said the electromagnetic field from them was dangerous, wouldn't elaborate and wouldn't compromise. He knew Einstein from collage and when I was in collage he was doing math that my math teacher didn't even recognize. That's been good enough for me to hold a healthy respect for those lines.
Interestingly enough, transmission lines don't have that much range for a magnetic field (about a 150-200 foot field). You can test it with a gauss meter with relative ease. If they're more modern metal lines that are high in the air, the field stays relatively far away.

What you find though is simple and basic facts about electricity --- Modern LCD/Plasma TV's have a very large AC field projected out of the back of them, so you should always make sure the wall they're mounted on points outside (this is standard for most electronics with power supplies, like computers, receivers, etc). Mixers, and other high RPM motor appliances also generate a very large field, and you shouldn't stand in front of them when they're running.

This is even more apparent when using high end equipment like a lathe, milling machine, drill press, table saws, etc.

Again, we're all exposed to these sorts of fields on a regular basis. But in the case of being trapped inside a car with four of these electric motors generating a field encompassing the entire vehicle for hours on end... not a great idea. I really do hope drothgeb buys a Tesla though. He deserves one.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:16 AM

2005 E55
I really do hope drothgeb buys a Tesla though. If he doesn't die in a battery fire, I really do hope he dies from cancer. Or his children he puts in the backseat on top of the motor.
Holy crap kid, you gotta go spend some time in your safe space before coming back to the internet if you're going to let getting called out for being an idiot trigger you so bad haha. But I'll give you credit, at least you're sticking to your guns. You might be an overreacting temper tantrum throwing moron but at least you aren't a quitter!

​​​​​​If any one is actually worried about electromagnetic radiation please make sure to look at some other... more in touch sources haha. You'll probably find that as long as you don't stick your face in a microwave you and your families will be fine. Don't take this tin hat wearing, moms basement dwelling idiots word for it and start tossing out your appliances haha

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/radiation-exposure/extremely-low-frequency-radiation.html
Old 11-12-2018, 08:48 AM

Mercedes CLS 55 AMG
The only idiot here is you. You've proven that most effectively.