Sponsored by:

83mm & Scattersheild

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 03:59 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Corvette ZR1
83mm & Scattersheild

Just installed a fixed pulley along with a RaceIQ tune so I’m selling a UPD 83mm clutched pulley along with a scattersheild..Pulley was on my car for only 7K miles..Bearing spins without play and is perfectly smooth.No issues at all..$300 for BOTH items SHIPPED anywhere in US.Items are boxed and ready to go..

The following users liked this post:
new55 (01-06-2019)
Old 01-06-2019, 09:41 AM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
04 55
what size pulley and do you like it that much more than clutched ?
Old 01-06-2019, 01:01 PM

Corvette ZR1
My response to another member that asked the same..

I just mounted the fixed pulley and RaceIQ tune a few days ago so my experience is limited....I made the switch as I didn’t like the harsh engagement and sound of the belt chirp when the supercharger kicked on.Shimming helped it a bit but I couldn’t totally eliminate it and I wasn’t happy.It made the car feel sloppy..As far as the last 2 days with the new setup,,let’s start with the few negatives I’ve confirmed with my logging so far.Looks like I’m losing about 2mpg so far.IAT temps are consistently 10-12* higher,,and the blower gears are a bit noisy as you can hear them at idle..That’s it so far..The positives?..Wow..What a difference..Power is delivered instantly and very smooth.No more roughness or noise at all..The few times I got in it I melted the rear tires through the first 3 gears.Gears 1-2 are almost dangerous with more than 50% throttle..Even punching rolling from 40mph I got tire spin easily..I guess a negative I should ad is I’ll most likely be going through more rear tires..All in all,,I didn’t do the upgrade for more power.Just didn’t like the characteristics of the car before.Im totally happy now..Tune is a bit rich but seems on point..No hesitations,,misfires,or smoke..Better idle quality than my previous Eurocharged tune..Also people always talk about wearing out the supercharger..I’ve owned many roots type blower cars in the past(Pontiac GTP and Thunderbird SC)that we’re direct drive..No clutch at all..I’ve never had a single issue with any of them and they ran well over 150K..As a matter of fact,,the Mercedes is the only roots type setup I’ve ever seen with a clutch..Change your supercharger oil every 12-15K and I doubt you”ll ever have an issue with the blower.For reference my mods are below and nothing special that hasn’t already been done.Good luck with whatever you do..

05 E55 AMG
83MM Fixed Pulley
RaceIQ Stage 2 Burble Tune
ARH Longtube Headers(No Cats)
VRP Heat Exchanger w/Split Cooling
Bosch 010 Pump
180* Thermostat
VRP Air Ducts
Old 01-06-2019, 07:19 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by mitsumark
My response to another member that asked the same..

I just mounted the fixed pulley and RaceIQ tune a few days ago so my experience is limited....I made the switch as I didn’t like the harsh engagement and sound of the belt chirp when the supercharger kicked on.Shimming helped it a bit but I couldn’t totally eliminate it and I wasn’t happy.It made the car feel sloppy..As far as the last 2 days with the new setup,,let’s start with the few negatives I’ve confirmed with my logging so far.Looks like I’m losing about 2mpg so far.IAT temps are consistently 10-12* higher,,and the blower gears are a bit noisy as you can hear them at idle..That’s it so far..The positives?..Wow..What a difference..Power is delivered instantly and very smooth.No more roughness or noise at all..The few times I got in it I melted the rear tires through the first 3 gears.Gears 1-2 are almost dangerous with more than 50% throttle..Even punching rolling from 40mph I got tire spin easily..I guess a negative I should ad is I’ll most likely be going through more rear tires..All in all,,I didn’t do the upgrade for more power.Just didn’t like the characteristics of the car before.Im totally happy now..Tune is a bit rich but seems on point..No hesitations,,misfires,or smoke..Better idle quality than my previous Eurocharged tune..Also people always talk about wearing out the supercharger..I’ve owned many roots type blower cars in the past(Pontiac GTP and Thunderbird SC)that we’re direct drive..No clutch at all..I’ve never had a single issue with any of them and they ran well over 150K..As a matter of fact,,the Mercedes is the only roots type setup I’ve ever seen with a clutch..Change your supercharger oil every 12-15K and I doubt you”ll ever have an issue with the blower.For reference my mods are below and nothing special that hasn’t already been done.Good luck with whatever you do..

05 E55 AMG
83MM Fixed Pulley
RaceIQ Stage 2 Burble Tune
ARH Longtube Headers(No Cats)
VRP Heat Exchanger w/Split Cooling
Bosch 010 Pump
180* Thermostat
VRP Air Ducts
Good info. What kinda IAT's are you seeing?
Old 01-07-2019, 05:45 PM

Corvette ZR1
Idle temps are 10-12* higher at idle only..No increase in temps during pulls any different than before.

Last edited by mitsumark; 01-07-2019 at 05:49 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:49 PM

Corvette ZR1
Sold!
Old 01-14-2019, 04:28 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
none yet
How much boost are you making above stock with longtubes and an 83? Cant be much can it?
Old 01-16-2019, 05:22 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
W108 3.5 - 2005 E55
Is this still available?
How do the springs and rivets look?
I'm interested at $250?. Thanks .

Last edited by ben73; 01-16-2019 at 07:20 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-17-2019, 07:05 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2008 BMW M5, 2004 E55 AMG (RIP)
Originally Posted by ben73
Is this still available?
How do the springs and rivets look?
I'm interested at $250?. Thanks .
It sold, he said it a few posts back. To the OP, nobody reads down the threads so I would edit the original post to say it sold.