Sponsored by:

Spark plugs are wet and smell of fuel.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 and 2018 Challenger SRT scatpack
Spark plugs are wet and smell of fuel.

Hi everyone, I’m new to this forum. I have an 04 E55 and I am recently having issues with my car starting. I have to remove all the spark plugs and clean them off. When I remove them they are all wet and I can smell fuel on them. I was told to dry them off and start the car without the plugs in to get any fuel out. As soon as I do that I re-install the plugs and the car starts right up. I was told that I need to replace the Fuel Injectors. What do you guys think? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hopefullt my description made sense....
Old 01-14-2019, 06:25 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55
welcome. i would not recommend trying to start the car with the plugs out. you wouldn't want something accidentally getting into the engine thru the open holes. when you say wet do you mean dripping wet or just s little wet.? i don't think it should be wet but someone with more intelligence than me will hopefully pop in and assist. be patient and polite and people will help. good luck with your problem. as far as fuel injectors id have them cleaned and refurbished as that is probably cheaper.
Old 01-14-2019, 07:37 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 233 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
What codes is it throwing? Injectors usually get stuck open, you would be unlucky to have an issue with one let alone a whole bunch fail at once- usually hydrolocks.