Custom Air Boxes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 03:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 95 Posts
c43
Custom Air Boxes

Hey guys, hope I'm posting this in the right thread. I modified these air boxes for someone and wanted to show the results. Please do a Google search for speed43 air box to see I'm legit.

Here's what I do to the boxes. I raise the front for more air volume and I also installed Bell Mouths for smoother flowing air... This will give your engine more HP and TQ, making it also breathe way better!

Anyone interested in having me mod their air boxes let me know.
I can paint them any color you like as well.

Not sure yet what to charge but I will update this thread once I have a price.
Update: $285.00 to mod your boxes. And $450.00 to buy outright from me . If you like I can give you $120.00 for your cores once you receive mine.

I don't have a Dyno test but they will make power. I mod other air boxes and they all have made power. Anyone interested in buying and doing a Dyno I can give a discount. IF the boxes do not make any power I will I refund your money.

I want to keep selling boxes that make the cars run better and faster!

Pm or email if you're interested.
Thanks for looking.
Speed43mods@gmail.com

Last edited by speed43; 01-24-2019 at 09:44 PM.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:59 AM

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
CLK56TT (WIP), S65, RR 5.0 S/C
I'm all for making your own less restrictive parts but I'd start with measuring the back pressure on the boxes. This would give you the base line and quantifiable data for measuring the improvement.

I'm generally skeptical of airboxes of any kind residing in the engine bay. They are essentially a hot chamber that whilst slowing the air down, warms it up.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 95 Posts
c43
Originally Posted by Alex L
I'm all for making your own less restrictive parts but I'd start with measuring the back pressure on the boxes. This would give you the base line and quantifiable data for measuring the improvement.

I'm generally skeptical of airboxes of any kind residing in the engine bay. They are essentially a hot chamber that whilst slowing the air down, warms it up.
Yeah I can't do that type of testing. But thanks for your reply. I've sold a bunch now for other Mercedes models and customers have posted the boxes make power.

Anyone that don't need such tests let me know if you're interested. I ordered a set and will post when it's ready for sale. I can also mod your air boxes as well.

If you send your boxes I'm thinking $285.00 modded and shipped within the USA.

​​​​​And I can paint them just about any color you like. Please know that these take a while to mod and it's all done by hand. So that's the best price I can do.

Thanks for looking.