MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W211 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg-81/)
-   -   M113K has dual throttle bodies? (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/735614-m113k-has-dual-throttle-bodies.html)

Agent-A01 02-11-2019 03:59 PM

M113K has dual throttle bodies?

This a repost, need info ASAP/

Bought an 03 M113K Cl55 amg
Needs a throttle body

1. Is this part number correct for the TB? 2751410086
2. Won't i need gaskets of some sort? What are the P/Ns on those?
3. Is there any alternative TB P/N. The ones i see are all around 170-200 USD
4. I assume TB is relatively easy. Probably need to remove SC to get to it then it's straight forward after that.

Ebay seller said there were 2 TBs and I should know which one I need.
I wasn't aware there were 2?

He said The second one is right after the supercharger and before the intercooler.

Exotic-metal55 02-11-2019 07:33 PM

Are you looking for a OEM replacement or larger TB that will fit or be modded to fit. Maybe do a search for TB part numbers, as their are a lot floating around that will work.

Agent-A01 02-11-2019 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55 (Post 7679124)
Are you looking for a OEM replacement or larger TB that will fit or be modded to fit. Maybe do a search for TB part numbers, as their are a lot floating around that will work.

i just want OEM.
Bought a car that needs a throttle body.

I need to to buy a TB and have it on hand when I go to pick it up.

Ebay seller said there are 2 TBs which I’ve never heard of.

bbirdwell 02-11-2019 09:51 PM

Post your VIN. We'll post the part number for the throttle body. Assuming Mercedes support ensures I can renew my parts subscription....

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ml#post7406610

The above link gives a graphic description of the difference. Be aware that the connectors for both butterfly valves are identical so don't mix them up.

Agent-A01 02-11-2019 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by bbirdwell (Post 7679221)
Post your VIN. We'll post the part number for the throttle body. Assuming Mercedes support ensures I can renew my parts subscription....

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ml#post7406610

The above link gives a graphic description of the difference. Be aware that the connectors for both butterfly valves are identical so don't mix them up.

WDBPJ74J13A034615

Thanks for the diagram bbirdwell.

How big of a deal is to change the deeper TB?

I bought this car on a whim because of the price.
It needs a TB so when I go to pick it up I'd install it and drive it away.

The car is 4 hours away so I'd like to have everything lined up.

The dealer is going to tell me the exact codes tomorrow morning so hopefully that'll give me some insight.
I highly doubt they have access to star diagnostics though.

E55Greasemonkey 02-11-2019 11:08 PM

Why does it need a throttle body? They rarely go bad...sounds like a misdiagnosis to me.

Agent-A01 02-11-2019 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by E55Greasemonkey (Post 7679271)
Why does it need a throttle body? They rarely go bad...sounds like a misdiagnosis to me.

That's what the dealer said.

They said they purchased the vehicle, the dealer owner used it for a personal car for a while then the car started stalling.
Said it's the TB.

I'd agree with you. Lots of misdiagnosis out there but the car is 4 hours away and I'd rather not spend 300 to tow it back.

PieRat 02-12-2019 12:01 AM

May be crank position sensor...

Agent-A01 02-12-2019 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by PieRat (Post 7679301)
May be crank position sensor...

That was my first idea too.

I have a spare one(assuming all m113 uses same CPS) from my e500.

At this point, waiting on dealer to run codes and relay them back to me.

s.i.f.i. 02-12-2019 12:40 AM

The secondary TB down in the blower can cause problems if the wire connector plug on the power/signal leads for it get oil on them.. say from crankcase vapor tube that sits right above it. The symptom is lack of Go. Unplugging it and spraying the insides of the plug with brakleen often settles the issue.

PieRat 02-12-2019 12:56 AM

Hi friend got pic of plug to clean? Thanks!

Agent-A01 02-12-2019 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by s.i.f.i. (Post 7679321)
The secondary TB down in the blower can cause problems if the wire connector plug on the power/signal leads for it get oil on them.. say from crankcase vapor tube that sits right above it. The symptom is lack of Go. Unplugging it and spraying the insides of the plug with brakleen often settles the issue.

is that plug accessible without pulling everything apart?

If I have to take the SC apart won’t I need some gaskets to reseal everything?
Trying to figure out everything I’d need for that.

new55 02-12-2019 11:13 AM

just a suggestion and dont take this wrong as i am sure you are more than capable of doing the work but if you dont nail it the first time and there is something else wrong with the car your going to have to either go back a second time or tow it anyway - painful for you and whoever is helping you/copilot ,,, uhaul tow dolly and a good come along -- done

Agent-A01 02-12-2019 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by new55 (Post 7679575)
just a suggestion and dont take this wrong as i am sure you are more than capable of doing the work but if you dont nail it the first time and there is something else wrong with the car your going to have to either go back a second time or tow it anyway - painful for you and whoever is helping you/copilot ,,, uhaul tow dolly and a good come along -- done

Absolutely. I have to prepare for the worst

dealer got back to me. The code is P0638.
Thats a generic obviously. Which TB is bank 1?

MSG 55G 02-12-2019 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Agent-A01 (Post 7679491)

is that plug accessible without pulling everything apart?

If I have to take the SC apart won’t I need some gaskets to reseal everything?
Trying to figure out everything I’d need for that.

113-141-10-80 Gasket (Lower tb gasket oring)

i just done Tb on my E55, you do need to pull SC and definitely change the lower Tb gasket (see above). Many recommends to change all gaskets as well. There’s some good old post/threads regarding which gaskets with PN. Good luck and let us know how you venture out when all is done. Feel free to let me if you need further info.

Agent-A01 02-12-2019 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by MSG 55G (Post 7679654)

113-141-10-80 Gasket (Lower tb gasket oring)

i just done Tb on my E55, you do need to pull SC and definitely change the lower Tb gasket (see above). Many recommends to change all gaskets as well. There’s some good old post/threads regarding which gaskets with PN. Good luck and let us know how you venture out when all is done. Feel free to let me if you need further info.

Thank you bud

with the p0638 code I’m pretty positive it’s the top TB, not the buried one.

A forum post post here said they did 82mm upgrade and got the P0638 after install.

Am I correct in my assumption?

MSG 55G 02-12-2019 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Agent-A01 (Post 7679673)

Thank you bud

with the p0638 code I’m pretty positive it’s the top TB, not the buried one.

A forum post post here said they did 82mm upgrade and got the P0638 after install.

Am I correct in my assumption?

i just read that post, I never got that code with my install. So not able to give you much input.Lots of variables but if it’s just a bad stock Tb, I figure it should be an easy swap. Anyhow, I do have a stock Tb off my 06 E55 if you need it. I’m in So Cal though.

Agent-A01 02-12-2019 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by MSG 55G (Post 7679745)

i just read that post, I never got that code with my install. So not able to give you much input.Lots of variables but if it’s just a bad stock Tb, I figure it should be an easy swap. Anyhow, I do have a stock Tb off my 06 E55 if you need it. I’m in So Cal though.

Which TB do you have? The easy one or the one that's buried?

How much do you want for it?

So to be clear, the forum post i read said that they got the P0638 after installing the 82mm upgrade.
That TB is the one I need, the easy one to remove.

What PN do you have?

MSG 55G 02-12-2019 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Agent-A01 (Post 7679783)
Which TB do you have? The easy one or the one that's buried?

How much do you want for it?

So to be clear, the forum post i read said that they got the P0638 after installing the 82mm upgrade.
That TB is the one I need, the easy one to remove.

What PN do you have?

I have my stock TB (“easy one”) off of my 2006 E55 when I did 82mm Tb swap. Will check on PN when home, just replaces it in Nov.

Im not sure if I want to rid it just in case I wanna revert back to stock; highly doubtful, not getting any CEL on the upgrade so I think I’m safe.

but if you really are in a bind, I let go way under what Ebay is asking for them. Pm me...

Agent-A01 02-12-2019 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by MSG 55G (Post 7679801)

I have my stock TB (“easy one”) off of my 2006 E55 when I did 82mm Tb swap. Will check on PN when home, just replaces it in Nov.

Im not sure if I want to rid it just in case I wanna revert back to stock; highly doubtful, not getting any CEL on the upgrade so I think I’m safe.

but if you really are in a bind, I let go way under what Ebay is asking for them. Pm me...

PM sent.

StarvingArtist 02-13-2019 10:40 AM

The plastic clips that hold the air boot to the TB are less likely to break when they are warm. I always run it a few minutes before removal.

The bottom one is a bit of a reach, I use a screwdriver to unhook that one.