W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A rat caused havoc on my e55 (EGR help needed)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 01:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
A rat caused havoc on my e55 (EGR help needed)

So my car has been in the garage for the winter but I pulled it out 2 weeks ago so my wife could park in the garage while I was out of town then because of the rain I didn’t drive it for another week. So it’s been in the driveway outdoors that whole time - and a rat made a nest on top of the motor. After taking it for a drive the damn rat got caught in the supercharger belt and caused it to come off.

I Discoverd it all after esp error came up. When I opened the hood I saw the mess and the damage he did. He chewed up the hood heat shield and made a nest right on top of the motor. In the process it chewed up the ERG lines (on passenger side of motor) and the solenoid (mercedes part 002 540 14 97)

My problem is is I am left with chewed up melted lines and i can’t seem to find a diagram or photos anywhere of exactly what I need to replace and how the lines are run (I can find other e class but not e55)

can an anyone help me identify what other parts I need. I think the lines may join a y of some sort but I just want to be sure.

Here is a link to a video of what I am talking about. Can any of you guys take a video or photos of the hoses and how they go so I can get the correct parts?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mnhyh0jxyn..._1576.MOV?dl=0

thanks in advance. I like living in the “county” outside of Dallas but the downside is the wildlife! This isn’t nearly as bad as the damage after the time I hit a raccoon at 90 though 😂
Old 02-26-2019, 03:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 150 Likes on 128 Posts
2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet NEW Mercedes 2020 GLC300 graphite gray SUV
Why that dirty rat! �� I'd snap some pictures of damage and go to you local MB parts department and see if they can handle it for you...or show them the video.
Old 02-26-2019, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 928 Likes on 720 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Can we provide photos of our engines to you for your use?
Old 02-28-2019, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 255 Likes on 233 Posts
2001 E320 Wagon, 2006 LBZ Silverado, 2007 E63 (sold), 2001 E55 (sold)
My g/f had a rat do some damage to the wiring harness and hood insulator on her truck. She called her insurance and they had it fixed for her. Had they gone with new parts it would have totalled the truck so it was just repaired. It hasn't had any issues since though.

Could be worth a shot to give your insurance a call and have a talk with them.