Sponsored by:

Input on 07 e63 pcv problem with jumping rpms and more

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 e63
Input on 07 e63 pcv problem with jumping rpms and more

I’ve had a bad whistle coming from my engine bay that I believe is coming from the intake runner lever or somewhere around there that when my engine has been on for a while it will have a very loud whistling.. did know if anyone knows exactly what I mean or has any ideas on if it would be for sure from the intake manifold. Just want to check before buying a whole new one
Old 03-09-2019, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,489 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
Probably from the crankcase vent valve. It's a large round plastic piece at the rear of the engine slightly behind and under the intake manifold on the right (passenger) side. There is a square hole on the bottom edge that will suck air when the diaphragm inside goes bad. The valve and hose is separate from the intake manifold. You are supposed to remove the intake to replace it, but can be done without the intake off, if you are a pro.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5, 2024 Model Y Performance
Originally Posted by Stevies_63
I’ve had a bad whistle coming from my engine bay that I believe is coming from the intake runner lever or somewhere around there that when my engine has been on for a while it will have a very loud whistling.. did know if anyone knows exactly what I mean or has any ideas on if it would be for sure from the intake manifold. Just want to check before buying a whole new one
The intake manifold gasket is usually a really high pitched whine/whistle that is constant while the engine is running. The PCV valve sound like a slipping belt and there is usually a dying whistle sound when you shut the vehicle off.

If you can post a video I can probably tell you if it is the intake manifold gasket or the PCV valve.