W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

signal wire on Pierburg 50 IC pump when bypassing ECU.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 11:21 PM

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
2006 E55, 2006 SL55, 2006 LS7 Ute
signal wire on Pierburg 50 IC pump when bypassing ECU.

I have searched and searched however cannot find an answer to this. The Pierburg pump cannot be started without a signal from the ECU. I want my pump to turn on when the ignition is at position 2 without the engine running. I had an auto electrician connect it up in that manner. The pump would not start until the job was undone by re-connecting the power to the ECU source. The pump has had the required resistor put on the signal wire and has worked fine with ECU. How does that signal work and how can I get the pump to run with the engine off? Cheers. Edit Quote Multi Quote Quick Reply Edit Quote Multi Quote Quick Reply
Old 03-14-2019, 12:56 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2008 BMW M5, 2004 E55 AMG (RIP)
I’m not going to lie, I know nothing about electrical work really. But, this video from Alex at Legit Street Cars might help you. At 7:36, he discusses how he is wiring up the pump. During this time, he says he wants it running any time the engine is on, but also says “key on, ignition on” it runs so I’m not sure. At 10:33 you can also see the pump running with the engine off, although this might just be him having hooked it up to a battery or something. Good luck with this.

The following users liked this post:
trabots (03-14-2019)