Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! M16/7 recirculating air flap; p208E code

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2022, 03:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 55 amg

before assembly I checked the oem number is the same. the wiring didn't seem to be damaged, just having lost the protective sheath, but I added an insulating tape. I'm going to check the engine ecu, maybe a corrosion problem??

Last edited by zakri; 02-21-2022 at 03:08 AM.
Old 02-20-2022, 05:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sl55 amg 2002
Originally Posted by zakri

before assembly I checked the oem number is the same. the wiring didn't seem to be damaged, just having lost the protective sheath, but I added an insulating tape. I'm going to check the engine ecu, maybe a corrosion problem??

this is what MB Star sees in the voltage test
its strange because when it saying electric fault normally means the unit is dead, im wondering what the chances are that you managed to get another dead unit
see i used part number
a111 098 01 09

the only thing you can do which isnt to bad, is see if you can get another cheap unit,
take off the airboxes and thottile body unit but leave is plugged in, and you can just get down to the bypass plug without stripping the whole car,
plug in new unit and see iff the code goes,
atleast that rules out another faulty unit,
ALSO did you make sure you didnt get the throttle body plug and bypass plug mixed up as they are the same??

also quickly try a m16/7 bypass reset as that could magically cure it
Old 02-20-2022, 12:25 PM

CLS 55 amg

!!update!! I disconnected the battery and removed the engine ecu, no corrosion the ecu looks like new I just discovered a small stone on the contact as in the photo. clean contacts, reconnect the ecu, reconnect the battery and the bypass works, no more faults. I am so happy ! thanks again for the help

Old 02-20-2022, 04:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sl55 amg 2002
Originally Posted by zakri

!!update!! I disconnected the battery and removed the engine ecu, no corrosion the ecu looks like new I just discovered a small stone on the contact as in the photo. clean contacts, reconnect the ecu, reconnect the battery and the bypass works, no more faults. I am so happy ! thanks again for the help

ahh lovely stuff nice job happy for you
Old 04-06-2023, 01:23 AM

e55
would you be able to tell me if where you got the parts for the fix I believe im having the same issue as you minus the rock. Any info is greatly appreciated