Need help for a friend

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 12:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C-350
Need help for a friend

Hey everybody,

I am a C63 owner that does not know much about the E55s but need some help. My friend is going tomorrow to look at this one in the link I’m posting below. I have little time to research yalls thread but was hoping I could get some responses and opinions of E55s with that kind of milage, reliability? Price reasonable? Any major repairs that need to be done? Anything to watch out for? Thanks guys! Appreciate the help.

https://nashville.craigslist.org/cto...855662268.html
Old 04-05-2019, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 252 Likes on 215 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
I would tell him not to get in a hurry to buy one. Look around get several to compare each and look at details or ask for detailed pics. I read through a lot of good info and a lot of BS here before making the deal on mine. I walked away from mine after I looked at it because of unlisted problems. A week later was able to make a deal on it knowing better what it needed and the cost of parts and labor involved.

There are several nice E55s for sale here and other websites with different mileage and pricing.

Last edited by tlambert; 04-05-2019 at 01:10 PM.
Old 04-05-2019, 01:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Evo9
I'm also looking to get an E55 soon and here are the main points I have focused on.

SBC Brake system. This module applies the pressure to slow the car down, not the brake pedal. This seems to be a problem on cars. Can be replaced by the dealer free of charge I think. Not sure about that tough.

Fuel pump/tank/harness. There is a recall on this so make sure to run the Vin and see if the car is affected.

Not a problem but transmission flushes seem to prolong the life of the trans. Make sure the car has had them done.

Idler pulley. Them seem like a item to look out for at this age of the car.

Airmatic air springs. They leak and need to be replaced.

All I can think of off the top of my head.
Old 04-05-2019, 03:56 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
05E55-05CL500-02E430
that's a nice price with those mods and low miles