Sponsored by:

E63 getting alot of oil in the intake manifold

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 03:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E63 Sedan, 2001 E55 Sedan
E63 getting alot of oil in the intake manifold

On my way to the Mercedes dealer a couple of days ago my 2007 E63 sedan with 105miles left a trail of smoke on the I95 like I have never personally seen. I stopped the car and got it towed to my MB dealer, temperature was normal, no oil in the water and was running smooth/not missing but down on power until it stopped.

I have replaced the PCV valve recently and noticed some oil in that pipe and also you could suck air in or blow air through the valve without any restriction.

Have only had the car about a month, but have changed the oil with Mobil one 0w 40. The old oil seemed very thick and dirty, don’t know what weight/how old it was but it seemed a lot thicker than the new oil. Car started blowing oil smoke on startup for a second or two then cleared up. The car had a P2187 code and three others, can’t remember what they were but basically car was running lean at idle on both banks and fuel adaption was above the limit on both banks. Long term fuel trim was at 6% on both banks. Car originally had KN filers, replaced them with Mann paper ones, this did not change the codes. Oil does also appear to be in the black plastic y pipe before the airbox which seems unusual to me.

Car is currently at MB being diagnosed and has been for the past 2 days.

So just wondered if anyone has seen this happen and what caused it? Also are there any AMG guys that know another way oil can get in the intake manifold? I know through the PCV/crankcase breather, but is there anywhere else? Would intake manifold gaskets do that?

Also shouldn’t the PCV valve be closed at idle/when there is vacuum in the intake manifold? Maybe the intake manifold is leaking and not creating enough vacuum to close the PCV valve?

I’m a little worried, hoping it is not a head gasket after hearing about the head bolts. Car has not been driven hard and never over heated since I’ve had it anyway.

Really hoping someone here can help me understand what is going on.

Thanks

Last edited by W210E55_Silver; 04-12-2019 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 04-24-2019, 12:00 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2007 e63
Any update on this you can share? Curious.
Old 04-24-2019, 01:33 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
PCV should be closed at idle as vacuum will be the highest. your PCV may be faulty.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 04-24-2019, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 255 Likes on 233 Posts
2001 E320 Wagon, 2006 LBZ Silverado, 2007 E63 (sold), 2001 E55 (sold)
Originally Posted by hachiroku
PCV should be closed at idle as vacuum will be the highest. your PCV may be faulty.
When my PCV went bad it would make a fluttering noise when I shut the car off. Definitely a "something isn't right" type of sound.
Old 04-24-2019, 04:49 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
if its your PCV valve...don't throw away the faulty one. people like me are looking for bad ones to modify.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com