W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Re-Calibrating Weight Sensing System (WSS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2020, 12:06 AM
Banned

Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts
I see the problem somewhere else. Either the lack or no training on anything they do or he was simply not capable of translating the instructions given in DAS into simple work instructions. At this point I can only guess and I’m still flabbergasted how the best or nothing crew couldn’t do this. It clearly states where the seat needed to be move to in order to begin the process, it told me a bunch of simple things to look out for. If you can’t follow simple instructions, and lets be fair here, 97% of the world’s population in today’s age is unable to follow verbal or written instructions. Limited school education, growing up speaking nothing but ghetto slang, not reading books and understanding words and their meanings, limited ability to stay focused (who in today’s world can stay off their phones on or off duty for more than 2 minutes before they have to stop what they are doing and put everything down to check that latest text, latest Facebook post, etc. pp.), attention span barely longer than a few seconds,... It’s a disease!

Most people don’t read anything anymore actively. Word for word and comprehend it. They skim over it at best in hopes it’s gonna be enough. I’m so busy I don’t have time to read that or who are you to tell me what I can and cannot do? That’s the true problem in today’s entitlement society where millennials think they are smarter than any generation before them because they have Google in their hand 24/7, yet they are the dumbest ever and become increasingly dumber by the day because their brain isn’t trained to retain anything anymore like we were.

To be fair and honest, I have never calibrated a seat, never watched a video (is there one out there?) and I have done the complete process in one attempt without any errors. On top of that I cleared my airbag control module, virginized and initialized that first. Why? Because I wanted to. I wanted to see what would be involved in doing the job right from beginning to end.

That is my take on it. No fun!

Last edited by Mackhack; 01-07-2020 at 08:41 AM.
Old 01-07-2020, 12:39 AM

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
Benz
Originally Posted by Mackhack
I see the problem somewhere else. Either the lack or no training on anything they do or he was simply not capable of translating the instructions given in DAS into simple work instructions. At this point I can only guess and I’m still flabbergasted how the best or nothing crew couldn’t do this. It clearly states where the seat needed to be move to to begin the process, it told me a bunch of simple things to look out for. If you can’t follow simple instructions, and lets be fair here, 97% of the worlds population in today’s age is unable to follow verbal or written instructions. Limited school education, growing up speaking nothing but ghetto slang, not reading books and understanding words and their meanings, limited ability to stay focused (who in today’s world can stay off their phones on or off duty for more than 2 minutes before they have to stop what they are doing and put everything down to check that latest text, latest Facebook post, etc. pp.), attention span barely longer than a few seconds,... It’s a disease!

Most people don’t read anything anymore actively. Word for word and comprehend it. They skim over it at best in hopes it’s gonna be enough. I’m so busy I don’t have time to read that or who are you to tell me what I can and cannot do? That’s the true problem in today’s entitlement society where millennials think they are smarter than any generation before them because they have Google in their hand 24/7, yet they are the dumbest every and become increasingly dumber by the day because their brain isn’t trained to retain anything anymore like we were.

To be fair and honest, I have never calibrated a seat, never watched a video (is there one out there?) and I have done the complete process in one attempt without any errors. On top of that I cleared my airbag control module, virginized and initialized that first. Why? Because I wanted to. I wanted to see what would be involved in doing the job right from beginning to end.

That is my take on it. No fun!
You have some perfectly valid points.
Old 01-10-2020, 06:36 PM

Received 75 Likes on 67 Posts
2006 E55
Cleared WSS code with Britannica book...

Yep, used a giant britannica book, some dumbells, and sodas to clear code. Oh, couple water bottles too. I started by moving seat all the way up and to the front and keep on pushing start till it prompted me to add weight 17kg then 45kg. Gotta go through two set of weight calibration, second is to test out child seat value (?). Thanks for everyone contro; ie Mackhack!!!!

Old 01-10-2020, 09:39 PM

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
Benz
Originally Posted by MSG 55G
Yep, used a giant britannica book, some dumbells, and sodas to clear code. Oh, couple water bottles too. I started by moving seat all the way up and to the front and keep on pushing start till it prompted me to add weight 17kg then 45kg. Gotta go through two set of weight calibration, second is to test out child seat value (?). Thanks for everyone contro; ie Mackhack!!!!
This is awesome!! cool that it worked out for you, did it go through first try?
Old 01-11-2020, 01:25 AM

2006 E55
Originally Posted by knowbenz
This is awesome!! cool that it worked out for you, did it go through first try?
the weight calibration, yes but then it was asking about child restraint and gave me an option to escape, so I opted it and nope! Had to start over again.

about 6 months ago, I never got past the initial weight test.

thanks for your input too, Knowbenz!
Old 01-11-2020, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e350 4matic
what software is this a screenshot of? does it work with all or most bluetooth/obd2 computer adaptors?
Old 01-11-2020, 06:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mynameisdeleted
what software is this a screenshot of? does it work with all or most bluetooth/obd2 computer adaptors?
Star Diagnosis. I highly doubt any Bluetooth adapter With phone apps that are there to read out faults can be used to program and adjust settings.

Even third party dish tools can’t do a lot of these things.
Old 03-03-2020, 05:32 AM

2006 E55
Saga ends; Cleared SRS light nearly a year later

After a successful recalibrated WSS, I still had the red light of death SRS and it’s detailed message to take it to work shop.

Nearly a year later, I finally over came & conquered! Figured it out by looking at buddy’s E550 to see the setting on airbag of the child seat recognition, I mimic the setting of the coding options (See photo) as “Not Present” and changed last options to “WSS Bizerba start”. Once changed, I was able to successfully cleared error codes; however, SRS light and message were still on like a Hollywood billboard. So I did some brainstorming and hit the reset airbag module (forgot the actual terminology) and abracadabra....so stoked, no more SRS or permanent message. 😃😎😀
Nearly was gonna give up and take it to Indy or dealership.

Airbag Error codes

Child seat recognition options on E550, for my 06 E55, there are only 3 code options

Old 09-18-2020, 05:27 PM

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts
2005 E320, 2008 E320 Bluetec
My WSS sensors just started going out. Replaced one from a junkyard car and then another one died. To make matters worse I broke one of the bolts while re-tightening it, and the plastic washer/bushing that goes around the bolt broke in half too. Does anyone know a good source for these sensors new, and also the bolts and washers? I've found sets of the sensors on eBay but I really don't trust used parts for a safety critical system and I haven't found the bolts or the washers anywhere. Thanks!
Old 09-18-2020, 07:14 PM
Banned

I have brand new OEM at home. PM me with your VIN to make sure they fit.
The following users liked this post:
charlesb2003 (09-18-2020)
Old 02-01-2021, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350
Anyone know of a good independent shop in central Florida area that can do a weight sensor calibration. I have a 9A14 error code.WSS is incorrectly adjusted.