Sponsored by:

Meth Kit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2019, 12:04 AM

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Meth Kit?

Well I’m here because going to the track doing a 1/4 pass and the results to say the least were pretty bad. I want to run meth and saw on VRP’s site they sell a couple of brands and they have a throttle body plate adapter. I’ve read many threads about placement of nozzle, single or dual. Which kit and set up works best? Id like to keep IAT’s low at full throttle and i don’t have enough funds to run KC/Meth with a tank. I don't want to tune for meth.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:15 AM

Received 137 Likes on 110 Posts
2005 E55
Adding meth pre-sc will minimize the effectiveness of the cooling but it helps the SC blades seal a little better so you pick up about 1 PSI of boost which is why most people do dual nozzle with a single 3 pre-SC and a 7 or 10 just after the intercooler. Requires pulling the SC though. Search around a little, lots of threads on here on meth installs. I pieced together my own kit for about $300 and used the wiper reservoir for my tank. In the end it's probably better to just buy a premade kit off ebay. It wasn't much more cost effective piecing it together.
The following users liked this post:
karpetcm (05-10-2019)
Old 05-10-2019, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
I don’t believe in those big nozzles
Thats why most if not all people go so rich, yes it may cool but makes you pig rich
use a smaller nozzle and add more water to the mixture