W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Cats and emmisions testing (Colorado)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 11:43 AM

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
F350 E55 E39
Aftermarket Cats and emmisions testing (Colorado)

I'm avidly searching for a modded E55 AMG to add to my collection, and unfortunately here in Boulder County we have to take our cars up to Air Care and have them yearly emissions tested. I've spent my week trying to buy a nice car with stock cats, but it looks like that has fallen through.

The next car on my list that I'm going to check out this weekend has long tube headers and aftermarket cats from Maximizer, and is located in El Paso county which does not require emissions testing on gasoline vehicles.

Our Air Care process is not overly stringent, nothing like California, but still i'd like to not bring immediate trouble upon myself. Personally i'd be very happy to have long tubes on the car, and I do have a metal fabrication shop and TIG welder, but still i'd rather not have to immediately get into an exhaust project just to get the car registered and derivable right from the get go.

What are the chances that anybody here in the forum has some experience here in Colorado with emissions testing and cars with longtubes and aftermarket cats?

Thanks!