Sponsored by:

Supercharger Replacement Parts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 01:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
w211 e63, fisker karma, v8 e30
Supercharger Replacement Parts

Hey I had a fuel issue that was recently resolved, turned out the E55 has an AEM dual 340LPH setup. Resoldered the wires and the car sure did want to move. Once I hit the freeway I noticed power loss, the supercharger belt snapped. I imagine it was because the car hadnt been driven hard in roughly a year since the fuel issue started from the previous owner.

I need two parts, one of them is the tensioner/bearing underneath the supercharger pulley itself(pictured). I'm not sure if it's still reusable but it wobbles around a ton and seemed to have scratched my DTK emblem/bracket on the front of the pulley/belt setup.
The second part is the pulley belt itself. I was reading that this Gates K080525 V-Belt would work. The pulley on the car is the DTK 77mm setup. Is the gates a good belt to go with, and will it fit? or should I look for something else?

Appreciate all the replies, wanting to get it back on the road by this weekend.
Old 08-14-2019, 01:56 AM

Old 08-14-2019, 05:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
CLS 55 AMG E500 99 ML320
That's an aftermarket belt wrap kit. Try calling whoever's name is on it. you might get away with just new bearings, but they have to be super high quality due to the speed that thing is turning.

Last edited by StarvingArtist; 08-15-2019 at 07:22 AM.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by StarvingArtist
That's an aftermarket belt wrap kit. Try calling whoever's name is on it. you might get away with just new bearings, but they have to be super high quality due to the speed that thing is turning.
How did you manage to join the forum in February of this year? Did I sleep in longer than I thought?
I did find a website called ProjectB5 that sells the entire belt wrap kit for $300 that I'll likely be buying. The AMG is new to me but I've owned old w124's in the past. Sold my 700bhp evo IX and still wanted something fun so I got this.

Forum has been a huge help fixing minor hiccups with the car.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:56 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
looks like you still have stock idlers on your car too. Those also fail a lot and throw belts. We have single idlers in stock that we use on our belt wrap kits for the last 10 years but not sure if it will fit your bracket. That bwk was a knock off made in Poland right?

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 08-14-2019, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
looks like you still have stock idlers on your car too. Those also fail a lot and throw belts. We have single idlers in stock that we use on our belt wrap kits for the last 10 years but not sure if it will fit your bracket. That bwk was a knock off made in Poland right?

How much for the kit or just idlers? I'm not sure where the DTK kit is made to be honest.