Sponsored by:

this isn’t supposed to happen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2019, 08:48 PM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
CLS55
this isn’t supposed to happen

Just another friendly day in the neighborhood. Birds are chirping, dogs are barking and I’m changing my air filters. Engine’s just about buttoned up, I gently press down on the final beauty cover and proceed to crack a mount on the blower side...

Definitely been repaired before. I’ve slathered the crack in RTV, but I’d like to know how it would have affected running if left open and how the hell this could’ve broken in the first place...

Last edited by coupesedan; 09-04-2019 at 09:14 PM.
Old 09-05-2019, 01:27 PM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
2005 C55 AMG (sold), 2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by coupesedan

Definitely been repaired before. I’ve slathered the crack in RTV, but I’d like to know how it would have affected running if left open and how the hell this could’ve broken in the first place...
Someone most likely took off the SC pulley by holding it down with hose clamps and using that engine cover tab/mount as an anchor point when trying break the bolt loose. I think this is how most people do it, but a few have broken off that tab. Some say to use an impact. I think there's a special clamp used for removing the SC pulley in WIS
Old 09-05-2019, 08:50 PM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
CLS55
Originally Posted by KAMG
Someone most likely took off the SC pulley by holding it down with hose clamps and using that engine cover tab/mount as an anchor point when trying break the bolt loose. I think this is how most people do it, but a few have broken off that tab. Some say to use an impact. I think there's a special clamp used for removing the SC pulley in WIS
Thanks. Guess I’ll have to use the impact wrench + filter strap method when I need to work on the blower.