Sponsored by:

E63 Tuning questions/advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E63 Wagon
E63 Tuning questions/advice

Hey hey haven’t been on here in a while. So earlier in the year I did the Eurocharged tune, awesome, then in the summer I did MBH headers, high flow cats and x pipe, awesome again. Well, I go for an inspection as it’s annual time for registration/renewal and tech comes out and says fail because your O2 readiness codes are cut off. I call Eurocharged and they said oh yeah we did that in the tune. That would’ve been nice to know ahead of time but ok. So I flashed back to stock, went and passed inspection. Called Eurocharged back and they said great so we can just retune and turn your O2 readiness on. Ok cool. So I did that and now it’s throwing a light and guess what for, O2. So here’s my dilemma, stay where I am with the mods and flash to stock once a year for inspection (prefer not to do) or figure out how to rectify this issue and proceed with future plans of cams and a supercharger. I mean people have clearly done these mods and pass inspection right?? The guy at Eurocharged said on a M156 you basically have a 50/50 chance if it’s going to throw a code after header install. I love my car, don’t plan to sell, like basically ever and I’m simply a diehard M156 fan. And I’m sure as heck not going back to stock exhaust after all that time and money.

Also had a wavetrac installed same time as headers, huge difference!

i appreciate any help
Old 09-27-2019, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 254 Likes on 216 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
NC has inspections?
Move a little south (SC) and not deal with any of it? Lol