Sponsored by:

E55 Audio not working HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2019, 09:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
E55 Audio not working HELP!!!!

Hi folks! havent posted here in a long time, my e55 is having some issues that I just cant figure out.
last year I blew my radiator, snapped my steering rack and had 2 bad wheel bearings and at the time just didnt have time nor could afford to fix it so I parked it for the better part of the year.
when I finally got around to fixing it everything was going fine. Replaced the wheel bearings, took it out for a drive and all was well. I left for work for 2 weeks; when I got back I went to go do the Steering rack...this is where all the problems started. When it was on the lift I noticed the rear right tail light was flickering, headlights werent working, some interior lights didnt work and Radio wouldnt turn on. After scanning the car I came to the conclusion that my REAR SAM took a crap. I swapped out the whole unit with a used one that shared the same partnumber as mine. This fixed everything except my radio.
So as of the last couple weeks I have been trying to track down why my radio will turn on, shows the logo and then shuts off instantly.
things I have tried:
1. replacing all blown fuses (engine bay, drivers side door, and rear sam)
2. MOST fiber loop on cd changer and navigation

Now the only thing I am unsure of is the SAM module, when it is replaced will it cause issues with a radio not working? I dont want to spent the money to have it programmed to my car if its not going to solve anything.
I am very new to all this diagnostic work, I can replace parts and service the car as I have done the last five years but this is all new so any and all help is welcome

Thanks!
Old 11-16-2019, 11:26 AM

Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts
04 E55 AMG BLK/BLK(MyDD), 06 CLK 500 (wife's) 07 ML500, 2012 C300(son's)
Find someone local with a SDS or get one yourself.