W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keyless-Go Door Handles Don't Unlock (But they all still work!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2020, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 E55 AMG
Keyless-Go Door Handles Don't Unlock (But they all still work!)

Within the past 3 weeks, my door handles have stopped unlocking when I pull on them. When I pull the handle (aka push the inner button), it locks the car, when I push the square button on the outside of the handle, it locks the car. Initially the problem was intermittent, and I could unlock if I tried a few times or tried another door handle but now everything just 'locks.' The push-button start works fine, the key fob works fine to unlock the doors, and the door handle buttons are working - all 8 of em just lock the car. I've owned this car for a while and had to replace the driver's door handle when I first got it due to a non-functioning Keyless-Go, but this is different.. Seems to be some kind of electronic issue as all the buttons still react to the key.. They just all lock the car. But once I unlock the car with my key fob, if I pull on the door handle and press the inner (unlock) button as I pull the door open, I hear a single beep.. It's very weird.

Is there any reset procedure I can try to get all the door handles back up and working? I'm hoping it's as easy as resetting the sunroof positioning sensors, lol. Fingers crossed, any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-12-2020, 05:16 PM

'05 E55 AMG
I yanked the fuse for Keyless-Go, didn't do much. Today my driver's door handle was functioning fine, then I pulled the fuse and it went back to being weird, then it worked again. I guess the system is more complex than I realized, I'm reading how it can be used to roll windows up and down, even start the seat cooler.
Old 10-18-2022, 06:31 PM

RMS13
did you figure this out?

I installed a rear E63 09 door handle into my 07 E550 front door. Had to chop the extra bit off, and rest all lines up and installs perfectly. Before the replacement, button to lock works, but doesn't unlock. Now both the handle and the button locks the door
However, sometimes the handle unlocks and sometimes it locks. It feels like the computer is getting confused

Rest of the door seems to lock and unlock no problem and not confused