Sponsored by:

E55 Bags won’t go up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2020, 08:09 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
03 E55
E55 Bags won’t go up

Front drivers side bag leaked all air couple weeks ago after a pass at the drag strip (55k mi on the bag). It would keep inflating and deflating so I ordered a new bag few weeks ago and was about to replace them today then I noticed all the bags won’t go up now. Car has been sitting for about a month now. I also replaced the relay up front with the new updated one. Pump also works fine checked with star.
Old 03-15-2020, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 977 Likes on 760 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
If you replace one air spring, replace both air springs at the same time. Fix the leak in the front, then see if the car raises. I recommend you lift the car slightly (a few inches is fine) with jack and jack stands to begin; inflating the air springs with the car sitting completely on the ground runs the risk of destroying the air springs Your money, your monkeys, your circus, your call.

If the rear does not raise, first thing to check is the level sensor mounted to the rear anti-sway bar center of car, just behind the rear subframe. Either the lever arm popped off the socket or the sensor failed.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:32 AM

Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts
N/A
Smile

Side note: Nice looking E55!