W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E65? AutoSpies says its coming!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-09-2004, 02:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kain
Are you freaking serious?? Do you have any idea how well the M Coupe handles??
NO and we shouldn't because this is the E55 forum and this thread is about E65, do us a favor, don't post about ANYTHING til u have an idea and learn how to flow into a PROPER car discussion without kissing too many Bimmer butts
Old 08-09-2004, 02:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My father owns an W210 E-Class (last year of production model) is it is PLAGUED with problems! It has absolute **** quality materials and built like a Hyundai. Pay more for a Mercedes?? WTF? Wow, a Mercedes is $5,000 more than the equivilant BMW, wow.
You probably go, mess and try to fix up your dad's benz with the Bimmer toys or M5 user manual. It's plauged with problems cos u sit in it LMAO
Old 08-09-2004, 02:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by oggle
My friend has a 7 series and it is PLAGUED with problems! It has absolute **** quality materials and built like a Hyundai. What's your point?
You won't get one cos he never had one
Old 08-10-2004, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Real Cars
Are you freaking serious?? Do you have any idea how well the M Coupe handles?? There's even an Alpina version of the Z4 with the M5 engine. It has on-rails handling.

Oh, and do you remember what Top Gear said regarding the M Coupe?? "A faltless engine matched with a faltless rear-wheel-drive chassis."
Kain,

You must excuse me, I often forget you are incapable of grasping certain things in the english language due to your ignorance.

There were two engines put in the M Coupe and Roadster. There was the old S52 engine from the E36 M3, and for one year there was the S54 engine from the E46 M3. The 240hp engine was fine for the car, but the 333hp S54 engine was simply too much for the chassis. How do I know? I've driven a red M Coupe and my car back to back, and then asked the owner it did the same. It was agreed the chassis was overwhelmed with the S54 power plant.

Then you bring in the Alpina version, which again proves how idiotic your posts can be. You have to bring in a modified version of the car with a completely modified chassis to prove your point, when we're talking about stock cars. Brabus has done the same to countless Mercedes as well, but that's not the point.

If you want to talk magazine publications, I can start posting the number of publications that liked the W210 AMG E55 over the E39 M5.

I think I hear the lunch bell ringing, time for you to head back to your homeroom...

-m
Old 08-10-2004, 05:16 PM

I find it halarious how BMW fan boys MUST come in here and talk about how great the M3 and M5 is...

Get over it people, AMG has got you by the toes and is slowly coming up to grab you by the d*ck
Old 08-10-2004, 05:48 PM

05 E500
Apart from this M Series vs. AMG debate, is there any confirmation on the actual existence (or plans for) the E65, the topic which originated the thread?
Old 08-12-2004, 05:34 AM

E500
No, I guess not.

I have never heard of E65.... and don't believe so.

E55 is actually ready for the uncoming M5. Why bother with V12TT?
Old 08-13-2004, 07:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Just an update. Mr. Kain is getting OWNED big time even at E46. The guy's so full of ignorance even the BMW guys are sick of it lol:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=1844977
Old 08-13-2004, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by oggle
Just an update. Mr. Kain is getting OWNED big time even at E46. The guy's so full of ignorance even the BMW guys are sick of it lol:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=1844977
where is Kain now?
Old 08-13-2004, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Did you guys ever think about these rumors being about the "E63" and not the E65 ?

Just a thought.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by dinko
Did you guys ever think about these rumors being about the "E63" and not the E65 ?

Just a thought.
hvn't thought of that, thanks for bringing it up

it could be the new 6.3L V8 right?
Old 08-18-2004, 12:32 AM

Mercedes C400, BMW X3
There will never be an E65

I am quoting from an email I received today from one of the product people in Germany at AMG- "there will never be an E65"- very Germanic and direct.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:33 PM

Was this from a reliable source?
Old 08-19-2004, 12:04 PM

05 E500
Was this from a reliable source?
If you're referring to the original link, well, "reliable" probably will be a matter of opinion. AutoSpies likely represents different things to different people.

For my part, as I originated the thread, I was neither proposing nor endorsing the authenticity of their statements. Like you, I was only asking the question of dependability of said statements.

However, for what it’s worth, I firmly recall AutoSpies pitching the same thing well in advance of the SL 65 as well. Many called their statements into question, too. Another example was when AutoSpies broke the story on MB discontinuing their free maintenance for 2005 and beyond.

Respondents lashed back attesting that AutoSpies was credulous in their reporting and unworthy of reliability. (Some were even dealers and "MB sources.") But, shortly thereafter, AutoSpies posted the actual official bulletins from the factory and established their authenticity for good. (These so-called countering "sources" were then very silent.)

I recall when I was shopping for my wife's '03 W203 C230 Sedan in January of '03, based on what my dealer had assured me was going to be reintroduced. I called MBUSA and asked for a possible brochure. Everyone I spoke to (even management!) said that the "dealer was misinformed." That there "was not and was never to be such a car."

Then, after several calls, I penetrated the overall hierarchy, telling them what I had heard from their representatives and showed them actual links to dealers who had physical photos of the car on their website. The car WAS in fact official, Stuttgart had built about a thousand already, had shipped to several places in the USA, but, yet, quite appallingly, MBUSA themselves had said that there was no such car! (I have all this documented with names, dates, even the eventual admitting top manager, BTW.) It was simply atrocious. The incompetence was despicable. The final top managerial party I spoke with did admit their woeful oversight and immediately regenerated a company-wide memo to inform her employees. (I say regenerated because she claimed she had already done this once, but most employees there, she stated, “do not read these memos as they should.”)

We took delivery of the first W203 C230 sold by our dealership within three months of being told “no such car was ever going to be made,” repeatedly and insistently quoted by many MBUSA representatives (over a course of two weeks).

Point of all this is, sometimes even reliable sources show their flaws and sources deemed less reliable end up being on the money.

Now, this is NOT to suggest that the “Germanic” source posted within this thread which disputes all rumors of an E 65 is incorrect. The source is probably accurate. One could argue that an E 65 is by its very nature shear overkill. But, then again, are not many recent AMG (and DaimlerChrysler) vehicles also in this mode? AMG is working on 700+ BHP engines and DaimlerChrysler has an AMG 800+ powerplant in this new exotic sportscar on deck. What’s consistently logical anymore?

We may never see an E 65, but this would not be the first time something so unlikely came to be. This is not an implication however, of me believing we will.

Last edited by c2jones; 08-19-2004 at 12:17 PM.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:36 PM

Mercedes C400, BMW X3
My source

Without naming names, my source is a high level manager who works at AMG in Germany, so I trust the information I posted.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 Jaguar XJS Convertible
This is interesting...

Check out Top Gear's latest track review of the CL65 (video). It barely made it around the track. Talk about a real POS. The E65? Even worse.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:46 PM

05 E500
Top Gear has this uncanny way of making everything non-British look like its a Model-T.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:50 PM

05 E500
Without naming names, my source is a high level manager who works at AMG in Germany, so I trust the information I posted.
I'm sure your trust is well-placed.

Out of curiosity, ask him to which cars are the developmental 700+ BHP engines (with 7 speed transmissions) going into? (Probably SL's and CL's.)

Last edited by c2jones; 08-19-2004 at 12:51 PM. Reason: typographical error
Old 08-19-2004, 05:48 PM
Almost a Member!

*yawn*

I own both brands. I love cars, all of them. I wish I could drive them all. I don't understand these brand debates. They are pointless; especially the one about the cost differences. It's quite obvious that it isn't a factor as all cars are just money pits. Anyway, the qualities inheriant with both these brands are amazing. Different but I would say equally amazing.

Anyways the point of my post is to get the thread back on track to the original question. It would be interesting to see what the E65 brings to the table. My opinion however is that Benz is changing their line up too quickly. I think they should let their customers atleast enjoy their car before it's obsolete just because you stuffed a new engine into the same box.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:08 PM

05 E500
my post is to get the thread back on track to the original question
I have been trying to do this since originating this thread...
Old 08-26-2004, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 164 Likes on 132 Posts
R129 SL55 AMG & W208 CLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by c2jones
Top Gear has this uncanny way of making everything non-British look like its a Model-T.
exactly! aint that the case with everything though?
Old 08-26-2004, 03:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 M5, 2004 X3 3.0i
Originally Posted by Ahmed
exactly! aint that the case with everything though?
Actually the Top Gear clip on the E39 M5 was pretty good.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Poverty
I own both brands. I love cars, all of them. I wish I could drive them all. I don't understand these brand debates. They are pointless; especially the one about the cost differences. It's quite obvious that it isn't a factor as all cars are just money pits. Anyway, the qualities inheriant with both these brands are amazing. Different but I would say equally amazing.

Anyways the point of my post is to get the thread back on track to the original question. It would be interesting to see what the E65 brings to the table. My opinion however is that Benz is changing their line up too quickly. I think they should let their customers atleast enjoy their car before it's obsolete just because you stuffed a new engine into the same box.
I agree BMW seem to bring new M model every hundred years but AMG seem to have a new model every week.....lol. There seems to be alot of different AMG engines all in the same body with slight variations only. I'm all for continual development but save some ideas and advancement for new models.
Aren't MB developing a NA 6.3 i think that will go as the top of the range E class the E65 will be a dream only i'm afraid to say.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:06 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by c2jones
not really... I've watched the entire third season of Top Gear, and although they do seem overly nationalistic at times, they do give respect to good cars when they deserve it. Examples include the BMW M3 CSL, the Porsche Carrera GT, the Mazda RX8, The Ford GT40, the C6 Corvette. I'm not saying their shows should be taken as absolute, because it is mainly more for entertainment than anything else. But through the mist of it all, there is some truth in their reviews.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:14 AM

only amg
e65 not

i assure you that the probability of benz putting an e65 on the road is nill, but an e63 na will be out by next year i can assure you of that, and the beast is going to have somewhere in the neighborhood of 550-600 hp

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: E65? AutoSpies says its coming!