W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

SRS light fixed? In a weird way?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2020, 04:24 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2003 e55 AMG
SRS light fixed? In a weird way?

So from my previous posts, I’ve been dealing with a peaky CEL and the dreaded red loose gas cap message. P0455 code keeps coming up, which is a large evap leak. Changed the gas cap. Put in a new purge calve. Replaced charcoal canister vent solenoid and O ring.

Just when I think I have it fixed, the dang light comes on. Came on again today. So, I pulled everything off the top of the engine and double check all the evap vacuum lines. Everything looks ok but when I check the small vacuum line that connects the metal purge valve line to the back of the intake under the thrittke body, the hose just slid off with no effort. Clearly the hose is worn and hard. Got a new hose which fitsvon super snug now but for good measure, I secured both ends with a couple of little hose clamps.

The interesting thing is that I have also had an SRS light on. It has been scanning as a passenger seat sensor. After the fix above, the SRS light went off!!!

Can a vacuum leak trip an SRS light? Hopefully that is the case and I killed two birds with one stone. Fingers crossed.