W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

New crankshaft pulley recommendations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 04:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'04 E55 '02 C32
New crankshaft pulley recommendations

Hello everyone, I'm looking for recommendations on getting a new crankshaft pulley for my w211 E55. A couple of days ago the outer/front portion of the crankshaft pulley became separated from the rest of the pulley (see attached). Thankfully there was no other damage to the engine or vehicle, I found the separated pulley ring and intact sc belt resting on the engine splash cover, phew!!! Now, and after doing some research, I've found it a little bit difficult (or outdated info) to find a reputable seller besides ebay and Amazon for this pulley. I'm also considering the larger upgrade crankshaft pulley option but again, I haven't come across with any seller for it. I do have found many helpful information regarding the pulley replacement process (tools, tq ratings, etc.) here on this forum universe. The only thing I'm missing and asking for your help and guidance is for the crankshaft pulley types and seller options available now in 2020. I've owned this masterpiece of a car for a few years now but I barely use it, I try to spend part of my spare time pampering it and doing some subtle mods. It is mainly stock besides a pair of Supersprint mufflers, E63 front end upgrade, black out theme, 20'' Giovanna wheels and most recent 3pc black aluminum idler pulley set from UPD. Sharing some photos here. Thanks in advance for your support and stay safe.

When my C32 welcomed his big brother

C32 is gone

After mods

Old 05-02-2020, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,490 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
It's a great time to upgrade to a larger pulley (and tune) for more power. Go with an ASP pulley, they use a new OEM pulley and install a larger ring.

https://www.autospecialties.com/mercedes-benz/