W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

E55 AMG coilover conversion. Can the service air ride light be turned off somehow??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 08:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Mercedes E55 AMG
E55 AMG coilover conversion. Can the service air ride light be turned off somehow??

Hey guys,
I've searched and read quite a few threads discussing the removal of the factory air ride suspension and replacing it with coilovers.

My car had the air ride removed and has been swapped onto BC racing coilovers. Everything is great but I have the "1 malfunction" light on the dash when I start the car and it just has the little car with the arrow up on it showing it's an air suspension code.

Is there a way to turn it off since the car no longer has the air ride shocks?

I've read about pulling a fuse/relay that I'd supposed to turn it off but not sure which one. Also read about a harness or some sort that tricks the computer into thinking everything is normal.

What's the best way to delete the code?

Old 05-04-2020, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 169 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 GLK350 & 1992 190e sportline
i bet you can mark at is not present in with star.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Mercedes E55 AMG
Originally Posted by insame1
i bet you can mark at is not present in with star.
I'm not very familiar with these cars yet. This is my first one. Is star something I can access or turn it off with myself or is that something that needs to be done by the dealer or a shop with a fancy scanner/computer?
Old 05-05-2020, 08:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 169 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 GLK350 & 1992 190e sportline
Originally Posted by Neversatisfied7
I'm not very familiar with these cars yet. This is my first one. Is star something I can access or turn it off with myself or is that something that needs to be done by the dealer or a shop with a fancy scanner/computer?
It is the fancy MB scanning tool. You can buy one but they are $600-1k Or you can have a good shop do it. I kind of doubt the dealer will do it.
Old 05-10-2020, 10:30 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2006 E55 AMG Kombi
Originally Posted by Neversatisfied7
Hey guys,
I've searched and read quite a few threads discussing the removal of the factory air ride suspension and replacing it with coilovers.

My car had the air ride removed and has been swapped onto BC racing coilovers. Everything is great but I have the "1 malfunction" light on the dash when I start the car and it just has the little car with the arrow up on it showing it's an air suspension code.

Is there a way to turn it off since the car no longer has the air ride shocks?

I've read about pulling a fuse/relay that I'd supposed to turn it off but not sure which one. Also read about a harness or some sort that tricks the computer into thinking everything is normal.

What's the best way to delete the code?
I have read in other threads that the warning light can be disabled by removing the fuse for the airmatic system. A little googlefu found this listing for the fuses in our cars, which shows the fuse as F037.