IAT Temps & Timing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2020, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 IWC
IAT Temps & Timing

Hey all,

I have a CLS55 but the W211 forum is much more active so I am posting this here.

I have a “BlueDriver” Bluetooth adaptor and I decided to do some logging and watch temps and stuff as I drive. The car I completely stock with 88,000 km on it.

My IAT sensor is showing my temps are consistently at 147-152F no matter what I am doing and I am seeing very little movement in the number in general, I have to do my Crank position sensor so I decided I’ll buy the IAT sensor as well and swap them both at the same time to make sure it’s not fried. I assume this would mean I need a new inter cooler pump?

I also was noticing my timing was at -15 - -20 at idle and I have no idea if that is good or bad just was wondering if anyone had any input on that as well.

thanks for any input it is all appreciated!

JM
Old 05-07-2020, 02:30 PM

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by jm6001
Hey all,

I have a CLS55 but the W211 forum is much more active so I am posting this here.

I have a “BlueDriver” Bluetooth adaptor and I decided to do some logging and watch temps and stuff as I drive. The car I completely stock with 88,000 km on it.

My IAT sensor is showing my temps are consistently at 147-152F no matter what I am doing and I am seeing very little movement in the number in general, I have to do my Crank position sensor so I decided I’ll buy the IAT sensor as well and swap them both at the same time to make sure it’s not fried. I assume this would mean I need a new inter cooler pump?

I also was noticing my timing was at -15 - -20 at idle and I have no idea if that is good or bad just was wondering if anyone had any input on that as well.

JM
Before you buy a new IAT sensor, you might want to verify that your intercooler pump is working.
Old 05-07-2020, 05:33 PM

Received 149 Likes on 105 Posts
14 E63s AMG, 03 E55 AMG, 13 GL63 AMG, 95 M3
Originally Posted by lost27
Before you buy a new IAT sensor, you might want to verify that your intercooler pump is working.
Agreed, but the IAT is also pretty inexpensive and easy to change so if he's getting readings like that even w/ cold start I'd toss it in too. But yes, if no history of intercooler pump I'd do that immediately.
Old 05-07-2020, 05:35 PM

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
Mercedes CLS 55 AMG
Originally Posted by jm6001
Hey all,

JM
As Lost said your timing is retarded because your intercooler pump is defective, and off. Intake temperature is reading accurately. You're heat soaked.

Buy an 010 pump, plug it in, and you'll be up and running in no time.
Old 05-07-2020, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 IWC
Thanks guys! Appreciate your help, I’ll update when I fix it all.