Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2020, 06:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2007 E63 amg and 2007 Gl450
NEED HELP PLEASE!! COOLANT LEAK

Hi everyone. I'm so depressed am having

Last week hose leak.
issues with my car I have a 2007 E63AMG with just about 70,000 mile on it. Just purchased it about 4 month ago. I love the car and it a very nice car. But last night I noticed the coolant was very low. So I added some. I drove the car to work next day but during my driving notice coolant is low again. I pulled over to see if there is any leaks or anything I do not see anything coming from on the need the car. About a week ago I had a small situation where I had to replace one of the coolant lines the 1 that goes under the reservoir tank very easy fix there was a small hole on it as I replaced the hose and a coolant tank reservoir because he was actually a little bit deteriorating don't know why. But decided to replace it anyway. Now I'm a week later after that job I did. I'm noticing this leak I thought I had a blown head gasket so I decided to check the oil for him milky substance And nothing I am not having any misfires the cars driving fine just a tiny little bit nothing too noticeable rough idling. But while I'm driving Nothing happens everything is normal I am also checking the cooling temperature as I'm driving with my OBD2 and in never goes over 200. If someone out there can please give me a hand all point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it I will I need some help with this. I will be doing coolant pressure test tomorrow afternoon. And maybe getting a oil test Sample to see of any mixture of coolant in the oil. I really don't think so because the cars driving fine no miss fire no check engine light. Thanks again please I need help.

Last edited by Samv0311; 05-10-2020 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Miss spell words
Old 05-10-2020, 07:07 PM

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
Mercedes CLS 55 AMG
Two things: One, these Valeo radiators are prone to forming tiny cracks in the upper tank. Put a dye pack from Auto Zone (any auto parts store) into the coolant reservoir, and search for leaks with a UV light. Two, clean your trays and see if you're getting coolant on the tray.

There's only 3 coolant hoses in the front of the engine near the radiator, and one small hose with two plastic fittings that like to break (this is the small hose from the upper radiator hose to the coolant reservoir). If it's not one of these, and you're still losing coolant, you need to shine that UV light around the entire system (including heater hoses) until you find it.

You most likely don't have a blown head gasket.

Find the highest point you locate water, and go from there.

Last edited by equitiesguy; 05-11-2020 at 08:21 AM.
Old 05-11-2020, 01:18 AM

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts
S63, GLE580, Monster 1100S
I wouldnt worry about catastrophic damage. I had a streak of bad luck with coolant myself, from a pulley seizing and smashing things up, hose gone bad, and a hose not firmly connected. Grab a nice bright flashlight, take some time to examine the area throughly for the leak and hopefully you'll narrow down the issue. Touching on equitiesguy's post, I had a crack in the upper tank last year, pretty tiny but when pressure built up it sprayed a fine stream and caused some visible steam issues. Radiator replacement wasn't cheap so for your case I hope its simply a hose issue.
Old 05-12-2020, 10:10 AM

Thanks guy I appreciate you guys taking the time to help me.

So here's my Problem after leaving the car to sit for 2 days I Check the engine cap a Noticed very milky substance and a check engine light came up when I start the engine to check for code seems to be running still fine which I don't understand I turned it off the after code. And here thy are P0011 P0071 P0024 it's all have to do with Camshaft sensor and timing Issues. That's not good. So I think I definitely have coolant in the engine. Now whatWhere do I start.. I am going to drain everything out. If anyone has any suggestions please guys really need your help

The first picture of code is about my fan I had to disconnect the fan to remove it so that's the reason why the cold is coming up.

Old 05-12-2020, 12:15 PM

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
04 e55
I would say compression test - see what cyl or if it is leaking
The following users liked this post:
Samv0311 (05-12-2020)
Old 05-12-2020, 08:41 PM

I dont think its possible to do compression tests at this point because I Decided to remove Valve cover And I noticed a little bit of coolant by the end next to the fire wall In one of the pocket holes. 😭😱💔
I will share picturepiwith u guys and also the progress I'm going to probably have to remove everything to expose head gasket too. My problem and concern is that I've never done this while the engine is inside the car I am usually able to get to but at this point I cannot do this here...

Old 06-08-2020, 08:59 PM

Update on coolant leak

So its been a wild ride but I finally complete it. Finally did the necessary repairs on my E63 amg M156. But I really have to give credit to too great amg mechanic if you guy need help reach out to them. You can find there YouTube videos. First is Tasos Moschayos his like the Doctor of amg cars and also to Gentry101 excellent. Thanks again guy. Here are some pictures of the progress I will also update all the pictures soon.

Everything is out. Had a big Issue with one of the head bolts that broke off.

This where the coolant was coming out.

Timing tool you must have this to remove the cam adjuster but before you pull them out Please two things put the m6 screws in the holes the be careful pulling them out.

Timing

Remove head and cleaning time not bad on Carbon build up.

I will be uploading more pictures soon.

Last edited by Samv0311; 06-08-2020 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Adding more pictures
Old 08-16-2023, 07:37 PM

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
07' E63
In viewing this last pic of your Block, remember to apply Merc Gasket Maker around that square “Coolant” hole by the timing chain on BOTH Sides of the Head Gasket before installing the HEAD! Just my 2c🤔