Sponsored by:

Otani KC2000 Tire Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2020, 01:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E55K
Otani KC2000 Tire Review

I was skeptical about these tires. I did my research before Purchasing them. I was really interested in the reviews of these tires. Most reviews were for under powered economy cars (save a few reviews), and I was interested in how they perform at this price point. Overall, I am pleasantly surprised and am happy to report that these tires are doing great on my car. I had Michelin Sport AS3+ on the rear tires before, and these hook just as well if not better. I wanted a set of 4 matching tires so ended up picking these up. They ride nice, they are relatively quiet, their handling characteristics are where some minor complaints come in. At lower speeds, the steering response and the turn in is very slow. It feels mushy and not quick at all. But, once you raise your speed, the tires are nimble and quick on their feet and they grip very well. I have only had them on for about 500 miles, but they seem to be wearing pretty well. They also work very well in the rain. Overall I am very happy with these tires for my daily driver and wouldn't hesitate to get them again, even on a high HP car.
I drive a 600hp 2004 E55 AMG, and they've been great. Just sharing my experience with them, as an alternative for tires that are in our sizes.
The following users liked this post:
bavellar (07-08-2021)
Old 06-05-2020, 04:49 AM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
Tire company is based out of Dubai. Can't say you'll get much response from many here as there are only a small handful of MBWorld members from Dubai.

From the design of the tire, looks like a knock off of the sumitomo htr z iii with some differences. Can't say much about the tire compound, but the sumitomo's aren't really a "performance" tire. They do the job well for a sport tire. Glad to know they're working out for you.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 07-08-2021, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 glk 350
Otani directional tire kc 2000 mounting questions

Originally Posted by manon407
I was skeptical about these tires. I did my research before Purchasing them. I was really interested in the reviews of these tires. Most reviews were for under powered economy cars (save a few reviews), and I was interested in how they perform at this price point. Overall, I am pleasantly surprised and am happy to report that these tires are doing great on my car. I had Michelin Sport AS3+ on the rear tires before, and these hook just as well if not better. I wanted a set of 4 matching tires so ended up picking these up. They ride nice, they are relatively quiet, their handling characteristics are where some minor complaints come in. At lower speeds, the steering response and the turn in is very slow. It feels mushy and not quick at all. But, once you raise your speed, the tires are nimble and quick on their feet and they grip very well. I have only had them on for about 500 miles, but they seem to be wearing pretty well. They also work very well in the rain. Overall I am very happy with these tires for my daily driver and wouldn't hesitate to get them again, even on a high HP car.
I drive a 600hp 2004 E55 AMG, and they've been great. Just sharing my experience with them, as an alternative for tires that are in our sizes.
I have a st of 4 of these tires for my glk 350.
my question is: the sidewalls ate marked inside and outside. If you mount them to the rims that way it makes a difference if they are placed on the right or left side of the vehicle. That means the treads are exact opposite to the other side of the car. It makes no sense. Anybody know the proper way to mount them? I cant find this info anywhere?
Old 07-08-2021, 10:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E55K
Originally Posted by bavellar
I have a st of 4 of these tires for my glk 350.
my question is: the sidewalls ate marked inside and outside. If you mount them to the rims that way it makes a difference if they are placed on the right or left side of the vehicle. That means the treads are exact opposite to the other side of the car. It makes no sense. Anybody know the proper way to mount them? I cant find this info anywhere?
They are Asymmetrical, but NOT directional. As long as the tire is mounted to the wheel so that the sidewall says "outside" is on the outside, then the wheels can be mounted to any corner of the car.
Old 09-08-2021, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 glk 350
Originally Posted by manon407
They are Asymmetrical, but NOT directional. As long as the tire is mounted to the wheel so that the sidewall says "outside" is on the outside, then the wheels can be mounted to any corner of the car.
i just had these tires mounted and they are a huge improvement over the pirelli p zero tires. The car is quieter and bumps are less prominent. Response feels fine but maybe just a tad slower. Love them so far but time will tell.