Sponsored by:

Can’t open the Trunk. Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 09:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
e55AMG
Can’t open the Trunk. Help

Hi. I got myself a 2003 Silver E55. I live in Puerto Rico. Funny story. This car was at an auction and they couldn’t start the car cause battery was dead, I jump started from the footwell after paying just $2,100 for the car! It turn out to be ok, Just a bad alternator. Im in love with the car. Still can’t open the trunk from the key( battery is good), valet key in trunk turns but does not open, interior switch does not open the trunk, since is a e55 the rear seat does not fold down. Any advice on opening the trunk will be really appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Old 06-26-2020, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,500 Likes on 1,172 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
Does the key fit in the trunk? If you can turn the key one way or the other, then you have the right key. The trunk doesn't pop, you have to lift the handle up when the key is turned one way or the other. My trunk latch also tends to stick as it doesn't always pop back. Make sure you can move the trunk lever.
Old 06-27-2020, 07:42 AM

e55AMG
Originally Posted by cetialpha5
Does the key fit in the trunk? If you can turn the key one way or the other, then you have the right key. The trunk doesn't pop, you have to lift the handle up when the key is turned one way or the other. My trunk latch also tends to stick as it doesn't always pop back. Make sure you can move the trunk lever.

Thanks. I tried but nothing. The key turns and pulled the handle but nothing happens. I makes a difference when the key is turned and pulled at the same time, but still not opening.
Old 06-27-2020, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,500 Likes on 1,172 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
Originally Posted by Evel Velez
Thanks. I tried but nothing. The key turns and pulled the handle but nothing happens. I makes a difference when the key is turned and pulled at the same time, but still not opening.
Try pulling harder. If the key turns, then you have the right key. The trunk tends to stick a little when you don't open it for a while. Make sure you can move the trunk lever all the way when pulling up. The exact direction is in the owners manual.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:02 PM

e55AMG
Originally Posted by cetialpha5
Try pulling harder. If the key turns, then you have the right key. The trunk tends to stick a little when you don't open it for a while. Make sure you can move the trunk lever all the way when pulling up. The exact direction is in the owners manual.
Finally open after some cutting with the grinder!
the latch was all broken. There was no other way. The cable was out of the latch.

Old 06-30-2020, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 254 Likes on 216 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Well at least now you can fry some bacon and bake a casserole! Lol.

For real though glad you got it open. Sucks it had to be cut.