Sponsored by:

MOST25 Amplifiers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2020, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 IWC
MOST25 Amplifiers

Before anyone says "search" I literally have been searching for days for more information and there doesn't seem to be clear information.

Does anyone know if there are more options available for the MOST amplifiers? Only one I can seem to find is the Audison AP 8.9 bit. Super expensive and apparently relatively hard to get your hands on.

I am trying to find the easiest/most cost effective way to amplify the factory speakers, and if they sound terrible after proper quality amplification eventually upgrade them.

I am considering swapping the head unit for something newer, probably one of the widescreen chinese ones (just for looks alone). I know I can get one of the MOST adaptor boxes, but what is exactly the deal with the antenna? Do you or do you not have to run the 6M antenna wire?

Sorry for asking relatively common questions, but things get buried pretty deep around here with year and years of posts.

JM
Old 07-05-2020, 02:43 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
most guys that are into audio have either went with an android replacement head unit which also supports your standard line outs, or used a digital to analog converter and eliminated the whole system entirely. the android brand's also sell a inexpensive digital to analog converter separately.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 07-07-2020, 01:42 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
2014 E550
I used the Enfig W211 CAN kit to completely replace the factory deck and amplifier system, and it's honestly the only way I would do it. Their kit worked flawlessly, and the factory deck is trash. Losing the dash integration is kind of disappointing, but it's a small price to pay IMO. I've read numerous complaints about people having issues with the Android drop in kits, so that wasn't an option for me, and that bluetooth adapter thread looks like an absolute ****show.

MOST25 Amplifiers-r4kxpel.png

MOST25 Amplifiers-yvfnojg.png

My car did not have an antenna wire up front under the shifter like some people say they have. I ran an antenna wire along with 3 RCAs and a remote wire to the trunk. From there, I cut the factory amp harness off and connected a 4 channel amp into the factory speaker wires. I also used a metra adapter to connect to the antenna cable, and connected the remote wire to the antenna amplifier turn on. My next adventure will be figuring out how to connect my deck to the factory microphone.
Old 07-07-2020, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 IWC
Originally Posted by CastorTroy
I used the Enfig W211 CAN kit to completely replace the factory deck and amplifier system, and it's honestly the only way I would do it. Their kit worked flawlessly, and the factory deck is trash. Losing the dash integration is kind of disappointing, but it's a small price to pay IMO. I've read numerous complaints about people having issues with the Android drop in kits, so that wasn't an option for me, and that bluetooth adapter thread looks like an absolute ****show.

My car did not have an antenna wire up front under the shifter like some people say they have. I ran an antenna wire along with 3 RCAs and a remote wire to the trunk. From there, I cut the factory amp harness off and connected a 4 channel amp into the factory speaker wires. I also used a metra adapter to connect to the antenna cable, and connected the remote wire to the antenna amplifier turn on. My next adventure will be figuring out how to connect my deck to the factory microphone.
Thanks for your reply, when you wired up the speakers what did you decide to do with all the "extra" channels? Combine them? "Delete" them?
​​​​​
Old 07-08-2020, 10:24 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
2014 E550
A 4 channel amp will handle all the speakers, minus the center channel and the rear surrounds, which are mostly useless in a well set up system anyway. The doors have their own crossovers, so you just need to send them a highpass signal (my crossover is set at around 100hz IIRC). I deleted the front center channel and the rear sub/surround channels, as my center speaker was blown anyway and I wasn't using the sub. I have a sealed 12" type r in the trunk.

If you wanted to retain the center channel while deleting the headunit and amp, the rockford fosgate dsr1 is a great DSP for the price,and will create a center channel for you