W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

****BUYER BEWARE**** -- Stephen's 540rwhp Kit

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-21-2004, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500
Screw the charge back by Paypal or other things. The most importnat thing is getting back the money!!!

Glad you got your money back. There are so many people getting scam every year, and it is good too see "one" that is result.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:37 AM

03 E55 k2; Ford GT
I am glad the money is back, however, we all pay for credit card losses. I was interested in the various kit offered but after sending the pictures Stephens provided to my to a MAJOR mecedes modifier, I was told that the parts were not right. For example, the crankshaft pulley was a machined part with no dampener at all. I was told your engine would break after 100 miles with this dampener. Again this was the comment from the head service person at a shop that we all know and talk about. I was asked not to mention names. I confronted Stephens with it and he said that this shop did not know what they were talking about.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:29 PM

Nice to see you got your money back. I have to say im quite shocked, from what I read of stephens posts, his pic of the E55 and 550, he seemed genuine. I guess that shows the true power of the internet and how it can be very deceiving.
Old 08-23-2004, 01:31 AM

w203
hey guys i am in Sydney and travel to melbourne quit a bit for work, i can go and check out his new business for you......
Old 08-23-2004, 01:38 AM

w203
lets hope this does not reflect badly on us ozzies
Old 08-23-2004, 04:09 AM

Nothing
Originally Posted by r207
lets hope this does not reflect badly on us ozzies
Nope, don't worry about it, there are crooks are all over the world. BTW, nice Tri-nations final heh?
Old 08-23-2004, 06:37 AM
mhh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 MB E63 Wagon, 2012 BMW M5, 2010 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2010 Ferrari 458
I wish to hell Stephens would post his explanation.

Is this his company?

www.europerformance.com.au
Old 08-23-2004, 06:39 AM

w203
i dont think so, if it is then he would easily be contactable on his work phone........
Old 08-23-2004, 08:30 AM

Nothing
I believe that is his company. I think he posted it in a thread a while ago.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
what happened to the link to the ferrari site. Would love to read the reactions there.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:55 AM

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by cte430
what happened to the link to the ferrari site. Would love to read the reactions there.
http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28626
Old 08-24-2004, 05:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55, F550, S600 Ducati 999
I am shocked and surprised to see this thread here. I was only aleterted to it by Simon Atik from MBWorld this morning.
I have been away negotiating an aquisition with my IT business.
E55 Baller has neglected to advise that given a Paypal refund at his request.
AFTER he received the refund, I received a chargeback request from Paypal, which still is not resolved.
I am happy to forward copies of the relevant communications, including his acknowledgment of these facts.

I do not deny that there were delays, mostly caused by me trying to get his money back without being subject to the outrageous Paypal fees.

As explained to E55 Baller at the time. there were internal issues causing delays with deliveries, that due to commitment to the IT business I didn't have the time to deal with.

There are times when I am too busy to post on MBWorld, unfortunately this was one of them.

For those who doubt my bonafides, a feature on our modifcations to MB's will be featured in the mainstream Aussie mags in the following months, along with a television feature (albeit on channel 31).

European Perfromance Developments is ostensibly my business, you should recognise my E55 in some of the pics on the web site and in the Motor and Wheels advertising.

MHH
Feel free to call me via the advertised number on the website to discuss the MANY local customers who have gladly modified their cars.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:22 AM

W211 E55AMG
right after mobility posted to ferrarichat, stephens answered...
Old 08-24-2004, 05:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Further to my last post, I didn't have time to wade through the many pages of responses here, but after reading some more have the following to say:

E55 Baller, there were delays in you receiving funds, but what started as a legitimate complaint on your behalf, has turned into absolute BS.

After reading this thread I logged onto Paypal and checked some dates. Your paypal dispute was lodged AFTER you received a refund from me. Your claims in your posts subsequent to the 16th of August are not true and once again occur after you were refunded and acknowledged in writing as such.

You have lodged a reversal, which has been taken from my account, after you have received funds, which I didn't even check as I took your word that you would sort it out last week.

Lastly the refund was paid and acknowledged as received one month after initially receiving the funds into our bank account. (One month and one week to be precise).

Just to be clear, I WAS slack in refunding Isaac, from his perspective, but what may have started as a legitimate beef, has turned into a lie.

Last edited by stephens; 08-24-2004 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 08-24-2004, 05:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Finnish C32
right after mobility posted to ferrarichat, stephens answered...
I responded because of this; THE ONLY ATTEMPT AT COMMUNICATING WITH ME FROM ANYONE ON THE BOARD.

Stephen-

It's unfortunate you've been away, but apparently a lot of people have been trying to get in touch with you. I suggest you read this post titled ****BUYER BEWARE**** -- Stephen's 540rwhp Kit" asap which has gone on now for almost 2 weeks.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=78782

email webmaster@mbworld.org
web www.mbworld.org / forums.mbworld.org

Attention: This email is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential or privileged information. No one is authorized to copy or re-use this email or any information contained in it. If you are not the intended recipient, we request that you please notify us by reply email and destroy all copies of the message and any attachments. Thank you for your cooperation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2004 12:57 PM
To: Webmaster@MBWorld
Subject: RE: URGENT: Your current status on MBWorld

Huh?? I'm interstate on business at the moment. I haven't logged in for a couple of weeks due to other work commitments. What's the issue?

Stephen Snowden
Managing Director
|i|p|n| Managed IT Services
Ground Floor, 95 Coventry Street, South Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 3205
tel: +61 3 8699 2950
mob: +61 409 499 688
fax: +61 3 9699 5793
email: stephens@ipn.com.au
web: www.ipn.com.au <http://www.ipn.com.au/>
customer support line: 1300 655 436
sales enquiry line: 1300 134 304
Australia | New Zealand
This message contains privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error, please notify IPN immediately. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of IPN.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, 24 August 2004 5:27 AM
To: Stephen Snowden
Cc: webmaster@mbworld.org
Subject: URGENT: Your current status on MBWorld
Importance: High

Stephen-

I need you to respond to me ASAP. I need to understand what is going on with your business. Specifically, there is a serious problem right now with issues with our MBWorld members and your business where it seems you have failed to respond to individuals and/or resolve oustanding claims. As such, it may be necessary to terminate your sponsorship on MBWorld due to these issues. As courtesy to you, I am sending you this email to inquire about the situation. I request that you reply to this email within 72 hours. Failure to do would result in removing your company as a sponsor on MBWorld.

Your prompt attention is appreciated.

email webmaster@mbworld.org
web www.mbworld.org / forums.mbworld.org
Old 08-24-2004, 08:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 M5, 2004 X3 3.0i
I would like to give you the benefit of the doubt stephens, but honestly now... If you are that busy, and you are serving that many benz enthusiasts now, isnt it more than logical that you should have some employees providing better customer service to your customers? While you may still be legit, the fact that everything had to go through you in regards to a refund seems a bit much, and something that you cannot expect to continue to have a successful business. Should it be verified by you? sure. But should you be hte only point of contact for it? Absolutely not.
Old 08-24-2004, 08:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Hmmm, an IT guy who can't check a message board he's been a regular on for almost a year just to drop by and check? I guess that's plausible.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:35 AM

This thread has got me interested. From a newbie's eye can I add my bit?

Maybe Stephens is telling the truth, however there are a few inconsistances which should be clarified.

Stephens?????????????????

*You stat internal issues, what is this???

*Why didn't you have your bank transfer the funds if you were having trouble? (you guys do have bank's down under correct?) Would make sense & seems that your already a business owner, won't you have a good network set up with your bank? so it would be no issues for them?

*Why would you be TOO busy? Are you saying that you are TOO busy for customers as by the previous threads, there were plenty of customers who were very interested in your products, so it doesn't makes sense what you are saying. (Could it be you saw the warning thread by Baller?)

*you say you were interstate?? hasn't internet network been rolled out Australia wide yet???

By the way I'm not dishing Aussie Land (Will be on vacation there next year)

Old 08-24-2004, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by norb
Hmmm, an IT guy who can't check a message board he's been a regular on for almost a year just to drop by and check? I guess that's plausible.
I have been around for well over two years, not one. I also dissappear regularly due to work and racing commitments, so there is no need to be a sarcastic jerk.

The facts are:
I was accused of "stealing" Isaac's money and him relying on a CC chargeback to get his money back. - SIMPLY NOT TRUE.
I am sure that Isaac will fix up the "double dipping", but right now I am the party who is out, not him as has been portrayed here.
Isaac received a refund from me approximately 2 weeks after his request.
Not withstanding he went on holiday for a week at the time and I then attempted to use BPay to do the refund (an Australian bill payment system), in an attempt to save fees for him. Unfortunately, it only seems to work with domestic cards, so a Paypal refund was then processed.

I have made no bones about the fact that the business is a hobby for me.
Over the period concerned, I have had practice days with motor bike racing, multiple regional IT implementations and finally negotiations for a significant acquisition that will double the size of our IT business.
It is a simple matter for the Mods to check my "login" record to see that I haven't been on the site. If someone had IM'ed or emailed me, I would have seen and responded.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Unhappy Something amiss here

There is something definitely wrong here, only e55 Baller can clear this up. Both parties are blaming another, fact remains that E55 says he emailed multiple times, got no answer and/or different excuses for no order. No disrespect but some untruths and confusion is being caused and told here. Not sure by whom, but in my opinion we should let E55 and Stephens clear this matter amongst one another. Last, stephens rep does look flimsy from the facts as of yet....

Old 08-24-2004, 10:28 AM

Good comment BigBen,

Stephens you seemed to have missed the question about shipment of your products?

Were they ever ship?
If so was there any shipment tracking numbers?

Old 08-24-2004, 11:39 AM

Facts!

Ferrari Chat
“I suggest you ascertain the facts before jumping to conclusions. I was pleased to see that NO ONE bothered to contact me regarding the ongoing controversy until the forum admins emailed me today to let me know what was going on”.

MB World
“Just a quick note, I just received an IM from one of the Ferrari Chat members, letting me know of the post there, exactly what I expected here”.

MB World
“I responded because of this; THE ONLY ATTEMPT AT COMMUNICATING WITH ME FROM ANYONE ON THE BOARD”.

(From MB World Admin attached per Stephens reply)

When did it become known Stephens? From an IM the Ferrari Chat member sent as stated on the MB World site..OR as per your comments on MB World & Ferrari Chat site, from the MB World Admin???

Or are you suggesting that after all this time they email you on the same day??

Hhmm Very Interesting!!
Old 08-24-2004, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!

Attention: This email is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential or privileged information. No one is authorized to copy or re-use this email or any information contained in it. If you are not the intended recipient, we request that you please notify us by reply email and destroy all copies of the message and any attachments. Thank you for your cooperation.
Apparently you missed this????????

A confidentiality notice is meant to be just that. This also violates the rules of MBWorld. You CANNOT use a private e-mail with a confidentiality clause in a public forum - PERIOD. Now there is nothing anyone is hiding here, it is just about ethics and responsibility.

Please respect that from the mods and admins at this site.

Thanks

Brad
Old 08-24-2004, 02:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
355 F1 Spider & ......V12 w220.176
I hope this gets cleared up

Hey guys,

My first post over here. I wish it was for better circumstances. This thread made it all the way to fchat & that's where I'm from. It sounds like it could be miscommunication. Stephens clearly states he was unaware of this thread and was working to resove this issue. I would think this could be explained with assistance from this board and paypal emails. First, can't the board admin. confirm the last time stephens was on the board to verify he wasn't reviewing it. Second, paypal provides emails of transactions that could be posted.

I'm just trying to help everyone understand........going back to fchat now.... I'll be back.......I'm looking for an S600 in a couple of months.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Exclamation Good....

Right on 4 that, I would like to see transaction emails on both ends to clear this matter up. This is a much bigger issue that stephens and e55 going on here. The internet fraud, and even attempt is a plague on the system that could break down the trust and trade between buyers and sellers, ebay, paypal, etc. I as a webdesigner, programmer, business owner, ebayer and strong ecomm advocate would like to see that crap and I do mean CRAP end. Integrity and honesty on this is the only thing acceptable in matters like this.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: ****BUYER BEWARE**** -- Stephen's 540rwhp Kit