W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

question for those with aftermarket rims

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2004 | 08:36 PM

07 ML63; 05 E55 (sold)
question for those with aftermarket rims

What do you do with the stock rims and tires? I live in FL so I don't need a winter set. Is there much demand for them, particularly from those whom have non-AMG cars? My dealer won't buy them. They must have some decent value, especially with brand new rubber.

Maybe I'll use them for a year, and when the tread is gone, then I'll get aftermarket wheels.

88k for car + 6-7k for rims/rubber right away, hmmmmm
Old 08-16-2004 | 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The stock wheels will become VERY handy when you sell the car in the future. Most buyers will prefer everything stock. DO NOT sell them even if you have purchased aftermarket wheels. Keep them in the garage.

The sooner you spend money on aftermarket wheels, the sooner you can enjoy them because you only own the car for so many years. When the car gets older, your desire to mod it will decrease.

Last edited by Harris; 08-16-2004 at 08:48 PM.
Old 08-16-2004 | 09:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Porcelain Bus
I agree completely with Harris. If you're inclined to get rims, get them. Sell the car with the stock rims and sell the aftermarket rims on ebay. The car with aftermarket rims will not sell for significantly more than the same car with stock rims especially since the stocker are really nice too.
Old 08-16-2004 | 10:15 PM

07 ML63; 05 E55 (sold)
excellent points gentlemen. Straight to the new rims it is!!!!! BTW Dr. Chill, you are from FL, any thoughts on Goodroads??? Know of any good aftermarket wheel shops in the West Palm area??
Old 08-16-2004 | 10:59 PM

2004 E55
Eagleeye:
I dealt with Goodroads many years ago and they are truly legit. They however are 1 HUGE company(with many warehouses) and to get them to spend alot of time with you discussing possible "set-ups" is difficult. Not because they're bad (Thay aren't) but because they are always so dog-gone busy!! You can locate wheel shops here in WPLMBch but to find anyone with alot of inventory for "window shopping", I just don't think anyone comes close to Goodroads selection.
Old 08-16-2004 | 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Porcelain Bus
Goodroads is the best in south FL. If you know what you want already, other online companies such as The Wheel Exchange, Tirerack or Wheelexperts give good advice and service.
Old 08-16-2004 | 11:56 PM

e55211 traded in for CLS55
Originally Posted by Dr Chill
Goodroads is the best in south FL. If you know what you want already, other online companies such as The Wheel Exchange, Tirerack or Wheelexperts give good advice and service.
So does Harris!