W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynamic seat retrofit / seat wiring differences 03/04-05-06 / pinouts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2020, 10:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
e55
Dynamic seat retrofit / seat wiring differences 03/04-05-06 / pinouts?

I have an 04 with heated seats, and interested in retrofitting the ventilated and dynamic seats from an 05. Primarily for the ventilation, not that interested in drive dynamic. (These 05 seats already have the DIY fan upgrade done)

I have done some research but come up mostly dead ended with there being a wiring difference in the 03/04 seats and newer, which I can confirm looking at the underside of mine vs the 05’s. I also found reports that hooking up the 05/06 seats into an 03/04 without repinning just results in fuses being blown so I haven’t attempted that yet. Does anyone have any experience with this or have access to pinouts on both of the seats to repin the connectors?

Is an additional 05 wiring harness needed to run from the seat into the (canbus?) block under the driver carpet? I have the new control panel hooked up, I am hoping I can repin the connectors and add the additional harness if necessary, enable the seats in DAS and be good to go. Not sure if the existing wiring from the 04’s heating also controls the ventilated or if this is a separate module.

Wondering if it may be easier to hack apart the back rest to transplant the ventilated portion into the 04’s seats, as the fans run off 12v could control them with a switch, but ideally would like to be able to use the button on the control panel.

Any input or insight is appreciated
Old 10-08-2020, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 217 Likes on 172 Posts
2012 Volt - 2005 E55 - 2011 G55 - 2013 GL63
Don’t waste your time and money. They don’t vent for crap it’s just 2 small computer fans in the back and some on the cushion. You can swap to larger ones for the back but still won’t help.

Dynamic seats are cool for the first few drives buts you soon turn them off after proper adjustment of the side bolsters.