W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Coolant leak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coolant leak

This weekend my dad and I drove to Oxford, Mississippi where I go to school. In the last hour of the drive the check coolant light came on we pulled over check the coolant and the level was ok. We called the head tech at our local dealership in Houston and he said keep an eye on it and take it from there. Well last night my dad and i were sitting out front having a few beers with some friends and i noticed a nice stream had built up under my dads car. I stuck my hand in it and sure enought it was coolant. The coolant reservior was completely empty Memphis is the closest dealership which is almost an hour away they are on their way to pick up the car and won't be here till noon. The service department doesn't stay open past two on a saturday so the car won't be fixed until monday at the earliest. My dad is not happy at all the car is an 04 with just over 8000 miles. He had planned on driving back sunday morning the drive takes about 8 hours and he has obligations on monday. Apart from the rant I guess my question is has anyone had a similiar problem and if so what was the fix. Thanks in advance for all responses guys.

Ben
Old 08-22-2004, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hit the wrench button and make it Mercedes's problem... they will have to get your dad back and the dealer sort him out with a loaner car..

On a more techincal note, it could be a number of problems which could be major or minor.. however it will be easy to find. They will conduct a pressure test for leaks, and then diagnose up from there.

I wouldnt worry about it too much as long as you guys didnt drive with it over heating..

Remeber , these things happen no matter how expensive or well built a car is.. sticks get driven over, things rattle loose, and mice can event make a nest in there.. Just because there is a problem doesnt mean the car is faulty or the manufacturer is not paying attention.. What will count is how well they take care of you not if , but when, there is a problem...

Good Luck