Sponsored by:

Long tubes and Raceiq

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 05:41 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Long tubes and Raceiq

Hey all just finished flashing my 05 with a fresh tune from Tony. Holy moly the car feels fantastic and especially strong up top. I need bigger tires and an LSD! Just wanted to shoutout as another very happy customer. Of course it really makes me want more but the car is so traction limited up to about 60 (continental extreme DWS 285’s) I think an LSD should come prior to a pulley. Plus in the south Texas heat I’m not rushing into more heat! Really happy with the car as is and look forward to more work with Tony when more mods come.
Old 11-11-2020, 09:58 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
CLS55
Nice. I think you'd really like a pulley too. I just love the off the line punch with a smaller S/C pulley. A heat exchanger would help with heat problems and are pretty simple to install.

What long tubes did you end up going with? Did you do install yourself or get a shop to do it? I ask as my car is up on jack stands right now with exhaust all off and new long tubes almost in (I didn't finish last weekend). I have passenger side loose on studs and driver side still needs worked in. Looking at it, I just have no idea how I'm going to get a wrench in there to tighten things up (I ordered some offset wrenches so we'll see if that helps). I bought the cheap chinese headers everyone is getting (the ones with the flex section) and since exhaust is all out am replacing motor and trans mounts at same time.

Congrats on the upgrades!
Old 11-11-2020, 10:40 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Thank you! Yeah maybe a pulley is in my future.

So I do most everything on jack stands but I lucked out with a guy who has a lift and did my headers on it. They’re no name brand from VRP and unfortunately I haven’t been able to find a happy spot for them. I either get rubbing on the chassis or a slight leak. I decided to deal with the leak cause the rubbing is unreal under heavy acceleration. It isn’t too bad but one day I’d like to really solve it.

The nuts that hold the exhaust onto the head are a HUGE pita to deal with but if you hang in there you can do it. I don’t have any specific tips for you, it took a lot of maneuvering to find a happy spot on them but I promise if you keep trying you’ll be successful. I didn’t use any specific tools outside of average wrenches.
The following users liked this post:
testknight (11-12-2020)