Sponsored by:

Problem with 2003 E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG
Problem with 2003 E55

My engine light began to illuminate and I promptly took the car in for service. They had a difficult time diagnosing the problem, and frankly, I don't believe they really know what the problem is. During the first visit, they replaced the relay for the air injection pump. They returned the car to me and within 2 days, the engine light again illuminated. Once again they attempted a diagnosis and determined that it was necessary to install a another new relay, a new air pump assembly, install new controllers for ESP and ME2. Within 2 days the check engine light came on again. I'm losing confidence very quickly and would appreciate input from some other members.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:21 PM
TCM

2001 BMW M5
Is the engine light coming on with no physical sympthoms from the car? Or is there is hesitation, rough idle, etc?
Old 08-23-2004, 07:30 PM

i find it very hard to believe the dealer does not know what is wrong..

If an engine light came on, then the computer would have recorded at least one code on the ODB system.. This would certainly give them some idea of what has happened..

Now it could be that its recorded a misfire on a cylinder, but then nothing else..

It could be you had some bad gas?..... It has certainly been the cause of what you are listing before... get all that gas out, and go fill up on Supreme, and have them reset the light..
Old 08-24-2004, 08:08 AM

2006 CLS55 AMG
There does not seem to any recognizable sympton with reagard to the illuminated check engine light. The dealer did admit that it is probably a serious problem, and could potentially effect many systems within the vehicle
Old 08-24-2004, 08:10 AM

2006 CLS55 AMG
The dealer is really floundering with this problem. They are getting several codes and are now in the process of process of elimination. It's unlikely related to the gas.