W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traffic Broadcasts and a Stuborn Clock. Anyone know how to Fix This?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2020, 08:08 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2006 E55 AMG Kombi
Traffic Broadcasts and a Stuborn Clock. Anyone know how to Fix This?

I have a couple or minor issues with my car that I can't seem to correct despite extensive google searches, and I was wondering if anyone here might have some answers.

1st is a problem that I don't believe affects American models. On Eurospec cars, there is a "feature" in the radio that uses RDS data to automatically jump to any channel that is broadcasting traffic information. This "feature" is absolutely infuriating, because from what I can tell, it is impossible to permanently disable, and there is also a mismatch in volume levels that results in extremely loud interruptions by some guy telling me about a traffic jam in a city 5 hours away from me. I have turned it off at least 20 times, and it always rises from the dead like a zombie within a couple weeks. It will even interrupt the AUX input. Has anyone out there seen this and figured out how to get rid of it permanently?

A somewhat related issue is the clock in my car. It appears to draw a signal from the RDS or similar and automatically set the clock. I say this because despite the fact that I have had the battery disconnected several times, the clock is always dead on accurate, with the exception of during daylight savings time. It is always off by an hour during daylight savings time, and despite numerous attempts to reset the clock, I cannot find a way to do it. I've watched a bunch of tutorials on how to reset the clock through the steering wheel controls, but when I get to the part of the menu where I should be able to reset the clock, the steering wheel controls do nothing. Anyone else seen this and know a fix?