Sponsored by:

ESP issues on my 2005 E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2021, 09:16 AM

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts
E63 AMG 2007
Originally Posted by g300d
Yup, exact same codes and symptoms as you, minus the transmission codes.

I've been doing lots and lots of Google searches too without much luck. Your thread is probably the most detailed I've found.

no STAR report yet, I read my codes via LAUNCH. Will get one and see if any additional info comes up.

Thanks for the additional link, will check it out!
Just putting this out there, if your battery is four or five years old, a bad battery can cause esp issues and lots of codes. These cars need good electrical power to keep the computers happy. This solved my esp issue.
Old 07-15-2021, 04:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes 300D
Originally Posted by Dublinoh
Just putting this out there, if your battery is four or five years old, a bad battery can cause esp issues and lots of codes. These cars need good electrical power to keep the computers happy. This solved my esp issue.
Thanks, yeah I agree, it so happens in this case it really was a mechanical fault.

The ESP code was communication from motor electronics implausible, plus a mechanical supercharger fault. Installing the jumped belt resulted in no more codes and boost again, but a bit less than normal. The lack of boost due to jumped belt probably caused the ESP code, and the mechanical supercharger fault also from the jumped belt. The next day the supercharger pulley sheared from crank hub, was probably slipping before it gave way thus less boost.

Absent suggestions I am looking at all OE parts - crank pulley/harmonic damper assembly, mounting bolt, and will do the front main seal while I'm there. New SC belt and fan belt while I'm at it.