Sponsored by:

C55 or E55?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 05:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SLK55 AMG
Exclamation C55 or E55?

hello there! I have test drove the C55 and it was pretty impressive , I still haven't test drove the E55, have anyone drove these two? is there a huge difference in performance? (probably yes, but by how much?)

thank you

p.s. along with SLK 55 , either the C or the E
Old 08-30-2004, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The E will be faster with its significant advantage and torque. The E will also be more luxurious. That being said, it depends on what you want out of a car. Personally, I was planning on getting the E55 as my next daily driver, however, after spending some time driving one, I was left a bit uninspired. While the power was nice, it still felt like a boat to me and left me with a rather one-dimensional driving experience. I am back to the drawing board and am thinking about a Kleemann SCed C55 as my next daily driver. I will definitely be compromising some luxury, however, that is not so important to me.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:18 PM

SLK55 AMG
I like nimble cars actually, the C55 was just perfect! even my decision was either SL55 or SLK55, i dont really care about luxury, just the fun factor + performance, i dont think the slk will be a blast to drive though, thank you for your recommendation

p.s. just read that the c55 are being made in S.A. (is it a bad thing?)
Old 08-30-2004, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
I will agree with sleest here in that the E55 is a boat. If you like small cars that respond quickly to driver inputs the E55 will leave you wondering if it really is with 90k. I had a C32 with a good chunk of chassis upgrades and I sold it or the E55. At first I was wow'd by all that power but after a month I realized... the power was just over kill and the chassis could not harness all that power.

If you enjoy power and do not throw the car around often the E55 is perfect for you. It is a great car when you keep its market in perspective. If you want a fun little car with 4 doors I would get the C55 and then buy some forged wheels and a Carlsson RS suspension kit and call it a day. If you want a car to get you to work as fast as possible on the freeway buy the E55. Few cars can even get near my E55 on the freeway and anything that can normally costs around 150-300k. That is kind of fun in its own way.

Turns = C55
Sheer speed = E55

The call is yours!

If you have an SLK55 on the way you could have the small sports car and the larger freeway screamer.

I my self am toying with the idea of selling the E55 to a friend for what I paid and buying an SLK55. I like small tossable cars I think.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:43 PM

SLK55 AMG
Well said dude! you sounded like my professor ( 12 years ago)

direct and to the point! drive safely and oh yeahhhhhhhh get the SLK 55 and join the naughty boys club hehe (j/k)