W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bosch 630cc on m113k without tune ?!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2021, 10:40 AM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
w220 S55 AMG 2004
Exclamation bosch 630cc on m113k without tune ?!!!!!!

well i installed bosch 630cc injectors on my previously tuned m113k yesterday and i was going to take the car on a recovery truck to my tuner to tune it for the new injectors. and out of curiosity, i started the car .. the car started fine and for 5 minites the AFR wa about 11.5 then it got back to 14.5 and O2 sensors was reading fine ( between 0.2 and 0.8) so i thought to give it a little test drive around the block ... the car seemed completely normal and AFR was exactly like before the injectors !!!! so anyway i thought let me push it a bit ( half throttle ) . again got 12PSI and AFR is around 11.5( abit richer then normal which is 12.5) again very weird!! .. so i pushed full throttle and its 10.5 AFR and car seems very fine !!!!!!! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE ?!!!!! ANY THOUGHTS ??
ON A SIDE NOTE : MY CAR MODES ARE :
- 180CP .
- 84 MM supercharger pulley
- secondary cat delete
- bosch 010 pump
- split cooling
- methanol injection ( using water ONLY no methanol ).
Old 02-26-2021, 11:38 AM

Received 152 Likes on 98 Posts
05 E55 (06 E55 RIP)
Originally Posted by ls1_mast
well i installed bosch 630cc injectors on my previously tuned m113k yesterday and i was going to take the car on a recovery truck to my tuner to tune it for the new injectors. and out of curiosity, i started the car .. the car started fine and for 5 minites the AFR wa about 11.5 then it got back to 14.5 and O2 sensors was reading fine ( between 0.2 and 0.8) so i thought to give it a little test drive around the block ... the car seemed completely normal and AFR was exactly like before the injectors !!!! so anyway i thought let me push it a bit ( half throttle ) . again got 12PSI and AFR is around 11.5( abit richer then normal which is 12.5) again very weird!! .. so i pushed full throttle and its 10.5 AFR and car seems very fine !!!!!!! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE ?!!!!! ANY THOUGHTS ??
ON A SIDE NOTE : MY CAR MODES ARE :
- 180CP .
- 84 MM supercharger pulley
- secondary cat delete
- bosch 010 pump
- split cooling
- methanol injection ( using water ONLY no methanol ).
speed density is a hell of a thing isn't it. since no MAF is used its easier and safer for the ECU to adapt quickly, its just matching fuel to the air seen. I would go ham on it until its tuned, but unlike an MAF metered car you can drive to the tuner.
The following users liked this post:
ls1_mast (02-27-2021)
Old 02-26-2021, 08:35 PM

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
E55 amg
You need them to be scaled or else you'll lean out up top and rich in the mid.
Old 02-27-2021, 11:21 PM

w220 S55 AMG 2004
Originally Posted by M5 LOL
speed density is a hell of a thing isn't it. since no MAF is used its easier and safer for the ECU to adapt quickly, its just matching fuel to the air seen. I would go ham on it until its tuned, but unlike an MAF metered car you can drive to the tuner.
i did go to the tuner yesterday but he only changed the dead time at 10V from 1.2 ms to 1.1 ms that is all !!! sounds very weird to me !
he also told me that in his car he always set them to the max which is 3 ms !!! any thoughts?
Old 02-28-2021, 12:09 AM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 233 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
The ECU may be able to calibrate with narrowband oxygen sensor feedback in closed loop mode (ie idle and low throttle input). But it should run very rich in open loop mode as it uses fuel tables to determine the injector opening times which are calibrated to a different sized injector. If your previous injectors were 550cc then it wouldn't be a huge difference but it will definitely be off if you go WOT. From stock injectors the difference will be a lot more. The ECU cannot calibrate to new sized injectors in open loop so don't get on it, it can adjust mild fuel trims over time but it isn't self learning using a wideband. Both speed density and airflow metered systems will behave in the same way to injector changes, alpha N also not that this is used often.

Last edited by tw2; 02-28-2021 at 12:12 AM.
TheYellowCarGuy (02-28-2021)
Old 02-28-2021, 03:33 AM

w220 S55 AMG 2004
Originally Posted by tw2
The ECU may be able to calibrate with narrowband oxygen sensor feedback in closed loop mode (ie idle and low throttle input). But it should run very rich in open loop mode as it uses fuel tables to determine the injector opening times which are calibrated to a different sized injector. If your previous injectors were 550cc then it wouldn't be a huge difference but it will definitely be off if you go WOT. From stock injectors the difference will be a lot more. The ECU cannot calibrate to new sized injectors in open loop so don't get on it, it can adjust mild fuel trims over time but it isn't self learning using a wideband. Both speed density and airflow metered systems will behave in the same way to injector changes, alpha N also not that this is used often.
what u r saying make perfect scene to me . i dont know what to do know !! i pushed full throttle today and i felt the car is not normal !! . what should i tell him ?
Old 02-28-2021, 04:48 AM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
what u r saying make perfect scene to me . i dont know what to do know !! i pushed full throttle today and i felt the car is not normal !! . what should i tell him ?
Just get a retune. If it is on the dyno then get them to check all the AFR's at all rpm and throttle positions and adjust fuel tables and ignition timing as necessary. If it is a canned tune via eurocharged or somewhere else then they can adjust the tune accordingly for you to upload based on your injector size and other mods. If it is close, then drive easy, it will run rich not lean so not especially unsafe, worse case would be destroy cats and foul spark plugs. If it is a decent distance then put it on a truck.
Old 02-28-2021, 05:12 AM

w220 S55 AMG 2004
Originally Posted by tw2
Just get a retune. If it is on the dyno then get them to check all the AFR's at all rpm and throttle positions and adjust fuel tables and ignition timing as necessary. If it is a canned tune via eurocharged or somewhere else then they can adjust the tune accordingly for you to upload based on your injector size and other mods. If it is close, then drive easy, it will run rich not lean so not especially unsafe, worse case would be destroy cats and foul spark plugs. If it is a decent distance then put it on a truck.
my tuner is actually doing on desk tuning .which i have no idea how its done , and i'm not sure if he is aware of the tables am talking about (( this time he just adjusted the dead time with DAS thats it ! .
Old 02-28-2021, 09:55 AM

E55 amg
my tuner is actually doing on desk tuning .which i have no idea how its done , and i'm not sure if he is aware of the tables am talking about (( this time he just adjusted the dead time with DAS thats it ! .
No offense your retune should have been done at the same time as the new injectors,tunes for these cars are dirt cheap.I personally would rescale them and not hoping the ecu adjusts which it can't at times.
Old 02-28-2021, 03:51 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
I am not aware of any tuning done via DAS but maybe he is onto something, or maybe regular tuners also use similar methods via their tunes. Just for interest, you can do a small amount of changes that would be done in DAS via OBD2 tunes but most more advanced things are limited. Ie you can turn off the O2 sensor codes for having no cats but you can't get rid of the oxygen heater circuit code without DAS/xentry.

Most retunes consist of a single file uploaded via laptop in 10-15 minutes. Eurocharged, raceIQ and oe tuning do this. They have several tunes that they developed on the dyno with various mods with a higher margin of safety added in for car to car variation ("canned tunes"). They can also do datalogging using street tuning, same thing but you log your AFR's, ignition etc while driving around, email the logs and they will adjust the maps in a stepwise fashion until they are spot on with you loading an updated file a few times in a row until it is perfect. Not as good as dynotuning but most of the way there. I have had 4 canned eurocharged tunes on 3 different cars and they have been spot on when tested on the dyno.
Old 02-28-2021, 07:10 PM

E55 amg
Originally Posted by tw2
I am not aware of any tuning done via DAS but maybe he is onto something, or maybe regular tuners also use similar methods via their tunes. Just for interest, you can do a small amount of changes that would be done in DAS via OBD2 tunes but most more advanced things are limited. Ie you can turn off the O2 sensor codes for having no cats but you can't get rid of the oxygen heater circuit code without DAS/xentry.

Most retunes consist of a single file uploaded via laptop in 10-15 minutes. Eurocharged, raceIQ and oe tuning do this. They have several tunes that they developed on the dyno with various mods with a higher margin of safety added in for car to car variation ("canned tunes"). They can also do datalogging using street tuning, same thing but you log your AFR's, ignition etc while driving around, email the logs and they will adjust the maps in a stepwise fashion until they are spot on with you loading an updated file a few times in a row until it is perfect. Not as good as dynotuning but most of the way there. I have had 4 canned eurocharged tunes on 3 different cars and they have been spot on when tested on the dyno.

Nothing beats a street tune. Remember ,you drive on the street not a dyno the street dyno will yield true results and true dial in to the ecu.
B Feelgood (03-12-2021)
Old 02-28-2021, 11:20 PM

w220 S55 AMG 2004
Originally Posted by tw2

i was really happy with my tune with my previous mods before i install the 84mm pulley and the injectors . the car was very stable. no unexpected behaviours on the idel nor on cruising . my time was 8.9S (100 to 200) . but now the car feels very weird on idle and on engine braking. also i did a pull yesterday and i got 9.1s from 100 to 200 !!!
i got a worse time with smaller pulley and the injectors . i assume the AFR might be the reason for that . i was 10.8 on full throttle at 6600RPM . i think i'm now more richer ( in 9 or something) i will do a test for AFR today with innovate wide band and will see where is my AFR stands.
Old 02-28-2021, 11:47 PM

w220 S55 AMG 2004
Originally Posted by oneslow55
Nothing beats a street tune. Remember ,you drive on the street not a dyno the street dyno will yield true results and true dial in to the ecu.
i agree with that , street tune has been the spot on for me
Old 03-01-2021, 12:06 AM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
Originally Posted by oneslow55
True but a proper load holding dyno session will get the job done very reliably. I did that with my other car, we went through various loads at various rpm's to make sure the AFR's were perfect all over the board.
i was really happy with my tune with my previous mods before i install the 84mm pulley and the injectors . the car was very stable. no unexpected behaviours on the idel nor on cruising . my time was 8.9S (100 to 200) . but now the car feels very weird on idle and on engine braking. also i did a pull yesterday and i got 9.1s from 100 to 200 !!!
i got a worse time with smaller pulley and the injectors . i assume the AFR might be the reason for that . i was 10.8 on full throttle at 6600RPM . i think i'm now more richer ( in 9 or something) i will do a test for AFR today with innovate wide band and will see where is my AFR stands.
Sometimes it is better to leave a good setup alone. You probably have way more heat now which is hurting performance. And your tune is likely very far off.
Old 03-01-2021, 12:22 AM

w220 S55 AMG 2004
Originally Posted by tw2
True but a proper load holding dyno session will get the job done very reliably. I did that with my other car, we went through various loads at various rpm's to make sure the AFR's were perfect all over the board.

Sometimes it is better to leave a good setup alone. You probably have way more heat now which is hurting performance. And your tune is likely very far off.
my intake temps are almost the same . +2 degrees Celsius maybe.. no i have no heat sook issue i'm using torque on my android car screen 100% of the time so i can monitor everything and my temps are really good. i'm sure intake temps are not the issue here
Old 03-01-2021, 03:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
2004 E55,1969 300SEL6.3,2011 ML350 BlueTec Diesel,2005 ML400 CDI
6 Port SLR Injectors

Originally Posted by tw2
FWIW, The SLR produced 617 hp out of the box. Yes there are significant differences from the block, heads intercoolers, cams, fuel coolers and more, but I can confirm that when the proprietary SLR 6 port injectors are added to a well tuned 113k the results were quite impressive. Spray patterns and atomization are greatly improved which also reduces the temperature of the spray. These blue wonders were pricey 12 years ago and as I recall MB would only provide them to SLR owners. I do not believe they were ever available from Bosch.

M5 LOL (03-02-2021)
Old 03-01-2021, 11:23 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 393 Likes on 284 Posts
E55 C63
Maybe you need a new tuner. All injectors require tunes.
Old 03-01-2021, 01:18 PM

w220 S55 AMG 2004
Originally Posted by VictoryRoadPerformance
Maybe you need a new tuner. All injectors require tunes.
to be honest with u i thought about it but i never used a canned tune. and this guy offered to do it for a good price. this is my first Mercedes. i always had American cars and i used to tune it my self by HP tunner.
if you have any information ( in details ) about ur tuning options pls PM me.
Old 03-01-2021, 02:41 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
to be honest with u i thought about it but i never used a canned tune. and this guy offered to do it for a good price. this is my first Mercedes. i always had American cars and i used to tune it my self by HP tunner.
if you have any information ( in details ) about ur tuning options pls PM me.
They use eurocharged https://www.vrpspeed.com/product/euroflash-ecu-tune/
Old 03-02-2021, 01:19 AM

w220 S55 AMG 2004
ok , i logged my AFR yesterday with innovate vide band and its as follows :
idle 650RPM:14.2 to 14.5
cruising 1500RPM 14.2 to 14.5
full throttle 3500RPM 10.2 to 10.3
4500RPM 10.0 to 10.1
5500RPM 9.8 to 10.0
6500RPM 9.8
Old 03-02-2021, 01:51 AM

Received 152 Likes on 98 Posts
05 E55 (06 E55 RIP)
Originally Posted by AgSilver
FWIW, The SLR produced 617 hp out of the box. Yes there are significant differences from the block, heads intercoolers, cams, fuel coolers and more, but I can confirm that when the proprietary SLR 6 port injectors are added to a well tuned 113k the results were quite impressive. Spray patterns and atomization are greatly improved which also reduces the temperature of the spray. These blue wonders were pricey 12 years ago and as I recall MB would only provide them to SLR owners. I do not believe they were ever available from Bosch.
that is badass!!!!
Old 03-02-2021, 04:10 AM

w220 S55 AMG 2004
Originally Posted by AgSilver
I know that the slr injectors ate great , there is no doubt this is true . Very reliable injectors . Here is a picture of the 630cc bosch injectors tip

Old 03-02-2021, 01:51 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 393 Likes on 284 Posts
E55 C63
Originally Posted by tw2
We offer Race IQ, Vtech, and EC based on the customers specific needs.
Old 03-11-2021, 02:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
2004 E55,1969 300SEL6.3,2011 ML350 BlueTec Diesel,2005 ML400 CDI
SLR Injectors

I know that the slr injectors ate great , there is no doubt this is true . Very reliable injectors . Here is a picture of the 630cc bosch injectors tip
Notwithstanding the 6 ports, a closer look at the SLR injector reveals subtle design differences. While my Queen of Stealth has never been on the rollers, the immediate increase in performance was not imaginary.