Sponsored by:

06 S-AMG rims on E55?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 10:54 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
06 S-AMG rims on E55?

Hello, I am in talks with trading wheels with someone online and I wonder if these are a good fit for my 2005 E55. I've been told they are rims from a 2006 S class. They seem to be the 2 pieces from CL amgs I think. Does anyone have any clue if they fit right in? Maybe need spacers? I'm asking for better pics and stamps too.
Old 03-11-2021, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 248 Likes on 205 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG, 2005 SLK 350 AMG
Originally Posted by Andres Morejon
Hello, I am in talks with trading wheels with someone online and I wonder if these are a good fit for my 2005 E55. I've been told they are rims from a 2006 S class. They seem to be the 2 pieces from CL amgs I think. Does anyone have any clue if they fit right in? Maybe need spacers? I'm asking for better pics and stamps too.
Best to get the individual MB part numbers for the front and rear wheels, look them up on the MB parts catalog EPC, which will give you all the spec on diameter, width, and offset. The offset is what will likely cause you to need spacers (and I think you will). With that info and compared to what you know fits your car based on your wheels you can figure out how much spacer will be needed and whether they will work on your car. Remember, spacers will require longer wheel lugs and that adds to your cost too. Those longer lugs will likely not come from MB. Not all MB wheels use the same lug style with respect to how the lug mates to the wheel so make sure you know what the threads are for your car hubs and the seat for lug on where it mates to the new wheels, along with the needed length. Good luck.