Sponsored by:

Traction control cheats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL 65 AMG and E63s AMG
Traction control cheats

I have been exploring the limits of my E55 and have noticed that when I turn off the ESP the tires will burn for a short time but after the car veers to one side slightly the computer steps in dumping the torque. My M3 has different amounts of control that the computer can impart. There is a way to turn off the computer completely by a series of button pushes or holding the off button down for a specific amount of time. Does anyone know if this can be done to the E55. I don't want no stinking computer interfering with my fun! :v
Old 09-03-2004, 02:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 CLS55 AMG
That is really my only complaint to date on my E55. On certain GT-R's, you can disengage the front driveshaft in such a manner to make the car straight up RWD. It would be really great if someone knows if there is something like that for the Electronic Nanny on the E55.
Old 09-03-2004, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys,

With late model 2004 & up, put ignition on stage two & press the reset (R) button five times within 3 seconds of switching ignition on then scroll up the sub menu & select dyno mode. This should disable traction control, I've tried it on a 2004 E55 & SL55.

Try it out, let me know how you go.
Hope you can have your fun..