Air Suspension was lowered using Star Diagnostics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 516 Likes on 432 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
Air Suspension was lowered using Star Diagnostics

Well today, I took my 07 E63 back to Benz Elite Automotive to have the air suspension lowered, since I replaced my rear air springs, air compressor, air distribution block and front air struts.
When we started out, the car looked like it was in the raised suspension mode, as you could get several fingers between all four tires and the fender.
And afterwards, you can't even get a finger in there on the rear or the front. The only way to get it lower would be lowering links, as the suspension must stay within the set parameters for the computers to accept it.
And you still need to measure each corner, as adjust accordingly. As you can see from the photos, tape measure and the screen shots. I didn't want to go to low, as that puts more stress on the air bladders.
Remember you are either adding or removing air to achieve the height your looking for. And the suspension will settle a little more, as it adjust to the new levels.
Attached Thumbnails Air Suspension was lowered using Star Diagnostics-e63-shop.jpg   Air Suspension was lowered using Star Diagnostics-eddie-computer.jpg   Air Suspension was lowered using Star Diagnostics-continuing-drop.jpg   Air Suspension was lowered using Star Diagnostics-e63-shop-1.jpg   Air Suspension was lowered using Star Diagnostics-farrraz-rechecking.jpg  

Air Suspension was lowered using Star Diagnostics-before-drop.jpg   Air Suspension was lowered using Star Diagnostics-farraz-meauring-drop.jpg   Air Suspension was lowered using Star Diagnostics-final-values.jpg   Air Suspension was lowered using Star Diagnostics-verifying-values-1.-jpg.jpg   Air Suspension was lowered using Star Diagnostics-verifying-values.jpg  

Air Suspension was lowered using Star Diagnostics-success.jpg   Air Suspension was lowered using Star Diagnostics-cars-suspension-continues-settle-2.jpg   Air Suspension was lowered using Star Diagnostics-cars-suspension-continues-settle-1.jpg   Air Suspension was lowered using Star Diagnostics-cars-suspension-continues-settle.jpg   Air Suspension was lowered using Star Diagnostics-one-last-check.jpg  

Air Suspension was lowered using Star Diagnostics-lowering.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
M5 LOL (04-28-2021)
Old 04-26-2021, 06:46 PM
SPONSOR

Received 798 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
how did it turn out? i tried adjusting my airmatic using a diagnostic tool and although it did work, STAR listed my passenger front sensor as faulty where as the diagnostic tool did not. that explains why i could never get it correct as far as heights. I ended up paying my dealer to recalibrate, but my rear passenger is still 1.5 inches higher than the drivers rear. i'm thinking maybe i need to release the air out of that bag to allow for balancing, but don't have the proper socket to do so. simple brake line tool though which i may purchase at some point.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 04-26-2021, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 516 Likes on 432 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
It turned out great, I’m very pleased with the results. Something that maybe happening to you, as it happened to me, was that I had a sticking valve on a brand new Arnott rear bag. It wouldn’t allow air to be released, so I had one side higher than the other, so much so that I could get four fingers, and the other side not even one finger. So I had to purchase another rear bag, and send the other one back for a refund.

Using Star, I could hear and see the air valves letting air in and out, as Eddie was entering the values. It literally took about an hour to get all four corners to equal out. He literally entered values that were tenth of a volt. Star is probably the best diagnostic tool to use.
The following 2 users liked this post by Yuille36:
hachiroku (04-27-2021), teknic (05-02-2021)