W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CLS55 that popped up for sale...seem right?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2021, 01:10 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
CLS55
CLS55 that popped up for sale...seem right?

Not mine...but doesn't this seem to be a bit too inexpensive? Only 10 feedback makes me wonder if its a scam...thoughts?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/39327273484...UAAOSwQv9gh5Od

Old 04-28-2021, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
$13K sounds about right... I have lower mileage CLS55 about the same value. They are really cheap now, a lot of car for the price.
Old 04-28-2021, 02:13 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
CLS55
Well shoot...now I'm really questioning why I'd move forward with new 20" Wheels and new tires that I'm guessing will cost me $3k if the car is only worth that much.

I tell you what though...if I was in the market, I just don't see any cars in that price range or even a bit over that I'd rather purchase.

CharlyE500...love the experience quote, btw...ain't that the truth
Old 04-28-2021, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 210 Posts
95 SL600
No feedback for 12 months is a red flag un my book. I bid on a 2014 e63 at the start of the pandemic last year. Got it for 29k and was very leery of transferring the money. The “seller” called me on the phone gave me his bank routing and even sent me a picture of the title and vin number as well as current odometer. He was upset when I told him I was going to send someone out to check the car (no ppi)
Long story short everything checked out, and he was willing to let the car inspector do his thing when eBay pulled the whole auction and the guys phone number went to a no’s such number recording. ( prior to that the number came up right where the car was being supposedly sold from.
Total scam and lots of effort and thought out into that one. The eBay seller ID was a long time user but hadn’t been active in quite some time. This one may be the real thing, but the inactive user is a red flag for me. Could have been an expansive lesson for me.
Old 04-28-2021, 04:47 PM

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
E55 Wagon
A lot of car for the money. I would be leery but would want to talk with the seller and see if I could get the info to make sure it checked out.
Old 04-29-2021, 10:25 AM

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts
2004 E55 AMG / 2019 Audi Q7
I bought my car on ebay 2.5 years ago. there was good communication with the seller throughout the entire process, but when he insisted i send a certified check a day or 2 after the auction ended instead of paying cash in person when i flew down the next week, i got a bit worried. I think he was disappointed with the sale price and claimed he had local buyers who were prepared to purchase the car for more so he wanted to be sure i was gonna flake. I called ebay probably 3 times and they assured me every time that i would have no liability if it did turn out to be a scam and i wouldn't lose any money. so i went to my bank (where they strongly advised me to not send some guy on ebay $18k) got the check, fedexed it to the seller and everything worked out just fine. Seems way too easy for someone to pull a scam like that but i'm assuming ebay gathers enough info from seller to be able to track them down if they do pull a fast one.

as far as this particular car, i definitely think this guy is selling himself short and the right person could make themselves a 4-5k profit by flipping it on BAT
Old 04-29-2021, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,488 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
Price is about right for the mileage. You can be sure it will need some minor repairs and maintenance as well. It says local pickup also, so payment in person would be the way to handle the transaction. Doesn't look like a scam to me.